As we build upon our existing Developer Modules, we are beyond excited to share our newest release! Today, we’re releasing the Selfie Mode developer module. This module will help provide players with an easy to use selfie-taking and editing feature to save and share images from your experience.
Now, your players can customize and save an epic memento while marketing your experience to the outside world! Once a player enters Selfie Mode, the screen will center and focus on their avatar. They will then be able to apply several different effects and save the photos to their device. All photos will have the name of your experience displayed in the top left corner if you include the screenshot feature!
Please note: Share sheets will be coming soon for an easy way to share to outside media.
Here’s a look at the various features you can include for players straight out of the box:
- Depth of Field: Blurs the area around the avatar with the avatar in focus.
- Lock Gaze: Has the avatar look directly at the camera no matter where the camera is located.
- Hide Others: Removes any background players for a more crisp and specialized image.
- Filters: Select from a row of six different filters created by us for you. Include as many or as little as you want!
- Poses: Allow players to pose their avatar in their preferred way for a more meaningful image. Choose from a pre-set list of poses.
Screenshot: Players can now save selfies directly from the experience to their device!
- If you include this API, the name of your experience will be in the top left corner of all selfies that are taken.
- Share sheets: players can share their image straight to outside media.
We’ve uncopylocked the Roblox Community Space so you can see how all of our modules can come together to form a cohesive experience. You can also check out the Selfie Mode Demo space to see the dev module alone.
All of our modules are published in Roblox’s models’ library. You can find the direct link to the Selfie Mode module here or search for it in the library. From these pages, add them to your inventory in order to conveniently find them in the “My Inventory” section of Studio’s Toolbox panel.
Then in Studio, you can one-click insert or drag and drop it into your 3D Workspace. Run the experience and the Developer Module will distribute itself to various services and start itself up.
Each Developer Module is designed to work out of the box, so the moment you press play it will just work. If this isn’t your style, as the developer you have full control over the Module and how it works. Advanced users can configure each Module in many different ways. Please refer to the documentation to know more!
This page will always be updated with the latest information on our Developer Modules. You can learn more about the Selfie Mode module below:
- Selfie Mode: Help players save a memory that captures the essence of your experience
There are many other Developer Modules that you can plug and play into your experience, such as emote bar, surface art and more! You can check them out here: Developer Hub
➤ Merch Booth: Various bug fixes, performance improvements, and file simplifications. The Merch booth will also close as the player walks away from any proximity prompts.
We’re focused on enabling a wider variety of powerful and immersive experiences on Roblox. What would you like to see next?
A big shout out to the team making this possible: @bagel_enthusiast1, @complexlint, @TheGreaterWhale, @AngelEthereal, @ghost_naps, @Chocopain, @SolarCrane, @AZKOolKAt, @wiggletsunami, @poppyphizzy, @IgnisRBX