New Studio Start Page

I like the visuals much more than the old page, but my biggest problem with this overhaul is how it doesn’t address the old functionality of the “recently opened” page. I just made a suggestion yesterday to support this old flow. It’s weird choice (to me) to release a new page that doesn’t, at minimum, support all the workflows from the previous iteration.

3 Likes

It’s in the “Coming soon” list so normally we should see it back any day now

3 Likes

Why
I just got the new UI. THE OLD ONE WAS BETTER

6 Likes

I guess this is more-so a complaint about replacing workflows without supporting all the use cases.

I was hoping we’d have the ability to use the old page until this new page was ready/completed.

3 Likes

I like the new look of the start page, my problem is none of my experiences load in Archive and Experiences, I’ve tried re-installing and restarting but it doesn’t seem to load.

4 Likes

Yeah no, that one I definitively get. I assume the purpose is to get people’s opinion before adding in more things in this style, but I honestly would have loved a switch to exist while that detail was getting added in.

5 Likes

I love the new ui, its simple and clean and easy to access

2 Likes

is this topbar going to be improved?

2 Likes

I might be so so wrong here, but I think I might have noticed that the infinite loading glitch happens when you have the start page open for quite a while and then switch tabs.

Again, I might be super duper incorrect (it’s honestly probably just coincidence) but probably worth mentioning just in case it lines up with any of you guys’ suspicions (even though it doesn’t make sense to me myself as a programmer :smile:).

Other than that, I think this is a lovely improvement

3 Likes

Yes. That’s driven by the “ribbon” UI so if you turn on the Next Gen Beta, you’ll see this:

We’ll be unifying background colors as we get further along with the Next Gen styling.

6 Likes

Hi, this is great! But im noticing some visual glitches, and some general jank. Also, can we have the ability to open places inside an place? like open an place from the start page. TY!

1 Like

:fire: Honestly really good and way better than the old one im exited to see how studio will look

3 Likes

We can go on and on about how it looks; but, on first use, I notice that it is plenty more responsive. I’m no fan of modern web UI, but if it’s actually going to be faster, then good on ye.

3 Likes

Please the OP about rendering glitches to see if that is your issue. If you open list view on the Experiences tab you should see child places:

Support for grid view is on our short list!

1 Like

Yes in our past 3 weeks of testing, overall loading and opening performance is quite a bit faster.

3 Likes

Sadly that doesn’t seem to be the case with me. I’ve tried restarting studio many times but I simply can’t load the Experiences tab. Even the archive tab doesn’t work. Is there a way around this? I’ve been stuck on the same loading screen for five minutes now. I could load places with the previous UI in seconds, and there isn’t any lag on my end.

Edit: I can’t even open experiences on the Recent Experiences tab in the start page. I can only load up games from the old top bar UI.

This is definitely an upgrade over the old qml stuff, but it would be nice to hide the Templates and Discover Studio tabs (if this is possible pls explain how), as I already know my way around Studio.

How much of an improvement is react over qml though?

3 Likes

It’s the same for me here, I am unable to see/open any experiences I own, shared with me, or are owned by a group. I can only open experiences on my local files.

I have had no connection issues with roblox recently and my internet is fine, this page just refuses to load.

1 Like

Hiding those sections are possible today but we are going to be thinking through customization capabilities soon so we’ll consider that.

React is an order of magnitude improvement over QML in terms of both total performance and ease of use.

I’ve had the start page beta for a few weeks and I’m really enjoying it! Everything is just kinda placed exactly where I expect it to be, and the performance is way snappier. I had a couple workflow issues but it looks like they’re both being addressed in the Coming Soon section. Thank you!

1 Like