New Studio Start Page

Getting to subplaces in groups takes an obscene amount of time in this UI compared to the previous one.

Given my entire time developing is within subplaces, this isn’t really fun to repeat whenever I have to re-open Studio or open another subplace.

4 Likes

@daprobuildaguy would either of you be willing to try account switching to see if it helps? You just need to click your avatar in the upper right corner and login with an alt.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a fair critique and we’ll be working to make this even better than the old UI.

5 Likes

I’ve just done that and I have the same result; the issue seems to be with either my computer or installation specifically. I have also restarted my computer and still have the issue.

Could it be related to having the previous experiences menu on list display instead of tiles?

No it’s not local to your Studio install. It’s actually a long standing problem with a backend API returning random and inconsistent status codes/messages. We’ve not seen it very often internally and when we do it seems to go away quickly.

Reinstalls and full reboots aren’t any better than relaunching Studio, unfortunately.

I loaded it up on an alt, and it worked! Everything loaded (except Local places, if they check through files, otherwise they’re also fine) perfectly! I even loaded back to my main, and it completely fixed!

another edit: After switching tabs on my main, it broke yet again D:

1 Like

Shwew! Thanks for testing that and sorry for the trouble. I’ll add it as another possible workaround to the notes.

2 Likes

I agree, it looks good but it’s not loading

@light_lanterns

Unfortunately, it’s a random backend API issue — try restarting Studio (reinstall and full reboots won’t make a difference). If that doesn’t work, try switching accounts. If the alt account loads successfully, then you can switch back to your main.

So far we have seen it resolve itself sooner than later.

I have a question, why does it show the crash handler?

3 Likes

I tried logging out of my account and then logging back into my alt account, after doing that it was still bugged. However, when I closed and re-opened studio it was fixed, after logging out and logging back into my main account it was working again.

It seems that using the “add account” feature and having a new studio start will not resolve the issue as that’s what I had done before.

Hmmm ok. So maybe just a simple log out and log back in is all it took? Thanks for reporting back. :pray:

1 Like

+ A studio restart, as just logging out and back in didn’t fix it on it’s own. Happy to help.

2 Likes

I found a fix (It worked for me). I restart the windows explorer in task manager (The image)
Screenshot 2024-10-03 163208
It worked after I did this (I restarted it 3 times but didn’t check each time)

2 Likes

I have been using the new layout for a little bit now and I definitely think it’s an improvement. I especially like the single click to load an experience.

My main gripe though is that the recent experiences are unusable for me, because I hardly ever work in the starter place of an experience. I wish it was recent places instead of recent experiences.

Also, minor note, the hitbox for the dropdown in list view is way too small. That entire left side should register the dropdown with the middle and right side of the entry actually loading the place.

2 Likes

Once the Place Templates were a full grid expanded view, now it’s just left and right D:

Where the newest is always at the last position on right, but if you don’t go right you’ll never know nor see it.

And if you spam the right arrow navigaton button will disappear once you reach the end, so you’ll mistakly open up a Template Game D:

1 Like

Great notes. Thank you.

The quick Recents is supposed to be any recently opened place (including local files) and this is also what we’ll show in the recents tab. I’ll double check with the team we are properly logging child places.

2 Likes

Yeah I also have an issue with the scroll and mis-click thing.

We show the full grid on the Templates tab. I’ll double check on what’s controlling the sort order. Wouldn’t newest first be better though?

If the Baseplate is not at the 1st Position, then it’s not good.

This new studio interface is amazing, however I absolutely hate the fact that the experiences page does not load. I have to manually go to https://create.roblox.com/ and open the experience from there.

I hope a patch gets rolled out soon! Once again, love the update Roblox! :heart: