The current baseplate in Studio is showing its age, so we are providing a new, updated baseplate as an alternate template that is available in Studio. If this is well received, we will consider using this as the default going forward, pending any feedback we receive.
Our goal is to provide a great starting point for new projects that best represents the current state of the Roblox engine and all that it offers!
- Larger size (2048, 16, 2048)
- Grid texture that aligns with stud measurements
- Enable Model → Move to snap to the grid
- Updated lighting that is better suited for PBR
- Neutral Skybox (also PBR friendly)
- Bubble chat enabled
- Additional components included, for discoverability:
- DepthOfFieldEffect (disabled by default)
How can I use it?
If you’d like to try the new baseplate, open up studio, and you’ll see “Baseplate 2021” listed under the templates.
While everyone may have their personal preferences for how they like to start a project, consider how the baseplate serves as a starting point for all developers. We’d like to hear from you, please post feedback and let us know what you think!