New Studio Template - Baseplate 2021

Nice now I won’t have to manually change the texture every time lol (and I’m too lazy to write a plugin for the dude who is gonna ask lol)

1 Like

I love it its the best thing ever, but i will miss the old baseplate :sleepy:.

1 Like

don’t worry, sometimes, people sell the old baseplate one :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Looks pretty great! I don’t think the lighting effects should be in the template though but that’s just a small nitpick. It would be cool if a Dummy Template is automatically spawned with the template as well.

3 Likes

classic baseplate was looking awful.
the new baseplate2021 was looking good with a bubble chat feature!

2 Likes

While the old baseplate has a lot of nostalgia to me, this is most definitely a HUGE upgrade to the template. It really shows off the power of what Roblox can actually do, and will absolutely leave many good first impressions to new developers. Looking good so far!

3 Likes

This is great!
i hope we still have the option to use the old one though.

3 Likes

Sweet! I love the texture on the new one, I feel like it fits more!

1 Like

It looks pretty cool but, not a big fan of the default lighting effects or the skybox. I like gradients but the gradient used here looks ugly. I would like something more default since the whole point of a baseplate is just that.

2 Likes

I love this new baseplate. The lighting effects it comes with may help beginners looking to find the right mix for realism. Overall, it helps show Roblox transitioning out to a new age.

3 Likes

This is great! This lighting is gorgeous, this template is really good.

3 Likes

This is very cool! I like how its more futuristic, live Unity’s baseplate. It also gives more space for work because of the expanded size. I think…

• It is suitable for studio since it is actually more appealing and more convenient.
  • We should keep the old baseplate for those who want nostalgia.
4 Likes

While the new baseplate looks cool and all, adding a surface like studs, welds or universals makes it look even more awesome (In my opinion at least, I like using surfaces

21 Likes

Although Unnecessary, It does make an eazier starting point for new developers. However it does add some “bloatware” which will be a lot harder to setup the baseplate from scratch. Also Just a small suggestion, Maybe you sould update the template icon to match the new style?

3 Likes

The old baseplate is not gone. The update is basically adding another baseplate.

4 Likes

We do have the old one. They just added another baseplate.

5 Likes

I love it all, especially giving some default lighting for easier developing. Although I don’t really like the big spawn location, I quite like it!

3 Likes

I like this new baseplate but I would have the possibility to make spawn the old baseplate because I more like to use this old baseplate because it is a habit…

3 Likes

You can change the baseplate but please don’t remove studs and inlets so people can make games that look like old roblox.

4 Likes

I like the new Baseplate, but are you going to replace the old one? That will be sad since it have been a part of Roblox’s History since the start, also it could me much better if you let us choose our own lighting. Anyways, great job Roblox!

5 Likes