New studio updated crashes whenever clicking play (Mac OS Silicone)

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Changing the graphic settings to “Open GL” fixed the issue!

Thanks!

2 Likes

I am also experiencing crashing whenever going from a script to the viewport or playing with Metal enabled since the studio update. Im on an Apple M1 Max.

3 Likes

after the studio updated I also been experiencing some issues when I start the game. if you could fix this in the next update it would be very helpful

1 Like

I’ve also been experiencing some issues when loading certain games. When I open a game, I’m greeted with a studio crash.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Crashing
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-10-12 6:29 PM EST
Date Last Experienced: 2022-10-12 6:48 PM EST

I dont get how you guys get crashes but when im on M1 Mac macos monterey and when i click play it runs smoothly and pressing stop causes a bit of freezes but its fine cuz it fixes itself shortly after.

Hi, we’ve recorded a few instances of instability with the particle flipbook studio beta in preparations for release of that feature, see Animated Particles with the Particle Flipbooks Beta - #165 by ProfessorKJM

6 Likes

Can confirm this bug! Finally tracked down the crashes to Particle:Emit()

Disabling Flipbook beta seems to fix it.

The Flipbook beta is the culprit of these random crashes.

Can confirm this worked! Thank you!

Oh my goodness. It happened to me 4 times in a row now and I came here to see whats up. This is happening vouch. Please fix this!

this is the error. OpenGL did not fix it for me! -------------------------------------Translated Report (Full Report Below)-- - Pastebin.com

That happened to me as well. Unroll from the particle flipbook beta and it should fix it, well that is what got mine fixed.

I did, I even uninstalled roblox studio and re installed its still happening!

1 Like

Same. I reduced my graphic quality, i disable all BETA settings, i disabled all my plugins, i restarted my mac and it’s still crashing

Are you able to make a bug report?

yeah me too! I have work that I need to do and I cant do it! Roblox please, ive sent the error prompt above.

Changing it to Open GL crashed my game even faster. Before when it was on Automatic it crashed after 3 Emit(), now it crashes on the first Emit() without even displaying the Particles.

can u guys like post all of your mac’s specs? Because i don’t think updating or changing studios settings has anything to do with the problem.

Can confirm the original issue is fixed. Huge thanks for the report, @skyfloans, if people are having other issues, would you mind filing again?

1 Like