Studio session runs incredibly choppy after selecting something on macOS Monterey (M1)

update: it looks like this still occurs even after the rollback

2 Likes

Can confirm this occurs on an M2 Macbook Air 16gb on MacOS 12.6

2 Likes

can confirm! M1 Ultra mac studio 64gb ram mac os 12.5 Very bad plz fix

2 Likes

Can confirm this occurs on 27-inch, 2020 iMac currently running macOS Big Sur.

Appears to occur on most Macs, not even just silicone. Issue started ever since the UI update dropped, please get this fixed!

So far I’ve only found one real fix, the fix is to completely scale down the Studio window to be tiny. When it’s smaller, it works really well. But this cannot be a very good fix, I mean having to use a tiny window on a 5k screen is already an issue.

1 Like

Same issue here, Studio is now unusable for me on my Mac. Very bad frame rate.

2 Likes

I hate to do it, but I’m bumping this post.

I currently can barely develop on my Farming World experience, I need to get some stuff done but it’s currently nearly impossible.

1 Like

@Hooksmith is there anyway we can somehow merge these posts together?

This should be resolved now. Please let us know if that is not the case.

4 Likes

Unfortunately the issue still remains when selecting, or even just hovering over anything in the explorer window when Roblox Studio is scaled up larger

(Image may be low quality, but downscaled is 60fps and upscaled is 34fps)

So I tested with Studio Version 0.548.0.5480523 in hopes that the frame rate issues would be resolved. Unfortunately they are still present. Even with my solution of using the Explorer pane as a floating window, which makes it at least usable, the entire experience is still very sluggish.

1 Like

Me too, really unfortunate that most posts regarding this issue have been marked as “Solved”.

I can’t even open place files anymore, this has gotten way too far.

Update: This doesn’t have anything to do with this, sorry for my anger.

It has to do with particle emitters apparently, not that it really has any need to be on this post though I’m not a Regular on devforum so I may as well.

yup i’m having the same problem, i was gonna make a new bug report if one hasn’t been made already.

EDIT: ok it has to do with flipbooks, make sure you disable the flipbook beta: New studio updated crashes whenever clicking play (Mac OS Silicone) - #8 by ProfessorKJM

1 Like

Still occurring pls help Us… *zombie voice… :broken_heart::broken_heart:

Just a quick note that for me with Version 0.549.0.5490632 my main Mac performance issue related to the script editor has been resolved. I’m still running with a separate floating Explorer pane, so I can’t confirm what’s it like if it’s docked within the main window.

Still not fixed for me unfortunately

Hi, is this resolved now? @KinderDev @OurPub @The_Emblaze @allergicpuppy

I’d say so, yeah… I’ve been using a very scaled down Roblox Studio window for the past year or so, which makes the problem a lot less apparent.

If I scale the studio window to my entire screen this problem is still apparent, it tanks roughly ~10 fps while dragging a part. I really hope this can be resolved, it’s been over a year since this report was first talked about. Thank you!

It’s resolved for me, thanks for circling back on it!