New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

This looks pretty insane! Can’t wait to see what people do with these!

This is pretty awesome.
I would love to opt in for both studio and live testing here:
Id: 5337005281

I really want to test this out in all ways possible, as I’ve always wanted more materials at our fingertips without the use of plug-ins. If I could please have the new terrain in this project I’m currently working on, then that would be greatly appreciated. This is absolutely revolutionary, and I love every bit of this update so far.

Place ID, for if you accept my Opt-In application: 6060137433

Jungle Floor you say???
Allow me to cash in on these new materials…

Place ID: 5328858979

1 Like

sorry but i cant join eeh pls open dat boi or what u made in this game btw?

Incredible new textures! Roblox is seriously upping their game in regards to materials and looks.

Place ID for my opt-in: 6096648267

I NEED THIS!! ITS COMPLETE PERFECT!

my game : 5954188182

perfect doe lol

I’d like to see stone bricks become a material. For medieval builds, regular brick is too small and modern, cobblestone is irregular, concrete is too smooth, and slate is far too rough.

10 Likes

If I’m going to be suggesting anything, I’d suggest better mud that you can sink into. That would add a ton of more realism into this. Same with sand and snow, but have it be toggle-able. Then, you could have footprints, tire tracks, and more making marks in terrain. I’d also love to see the ability for grass to be able to be put on different things.

It would also be nice if this mode can be toggled, so that people can still have the older terrain versions if they really like them. I’d personally have it be on by default when creating a game though.

Also, I’d love to have the moss terrain be able to have an option for it to be on bark and not have to paint it over and deal with getting more voxels.

Another thing I’d love to see is the ability to completely edit and change the shape of all the brush terrain tools. It would significantly increase efficiency when terrain-making. If that can’t be done, then at least add an ability to speed up and slow down terrain generation easily.

Dammn, this is so cool! I would really love to opt-in! The place IDs: 4764170755, 4350232189

This looks amazing, I would like to try it on my current main project “Attack on Titan: Freedom Awaits” currently at a concurrent player of 4000-6000, the game uses smooth terrain for all of its maps so I would like to test this new update out as it will be beneficial to the game’s future, it is in demo and I’m willing to test out as many new features as possible!

Place ID:

I’d love to experiment with this! Opt in place ID: 5907936938

This looks amazing! I’d like to opt in on this place ID: 5929771460

This update is amazing! I can’t wait to add all of these new materials to my building game. But sadly there’s no mention of allowing water to be used as a part material, which is something I was really hoping for. I rarely use voxel terrain because I like the simplicity and symmetry you can get with parts, and it’s always been a hassle fitting terrain water nicely with my parts. I really hope this gets added in the future. Apart from that, hype!!!

Awesome high quality terrains But would this cause any lag or FPS drop for low end PCs and high end PCs?

I’d love to test this one out!

Place ID: 6110381020

This would be great for parts as well as regular terrain. Totally support!

Will we be able to generate grass decoration onto parts in the future?

This look incredibility awesome! I am extremely hype to use this!

As I would like opt in since I’m very excited to use it!

Game ID: 6061683754

One question, will the terrain generator in studio be updated with the new materials? It’s not really something that’s needed but sometimes I use it as a starting point for a terrain based map.

2 Likes

:star_struck:

Definitely opting in my game: 2082883775