New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

As both a terrainer, and a builder I think this update would be a great one for ROBLOX! The materials have been the same for so many years, with not much variaty, and it would be great to finally get new ones. I hope this update comes out before this year, because I’d love to try it!

1 Like

oh yea we do need new liquids prob something like lava, acid, or spring watter something like that

6 Likes

Opt-in, IDs: 6106822102, 4858610445

1 Like

Opt-in, Please and Thank you: 6113602756

Wow, this is definitely the best update so far in my opinion! I like the new materials & I have some suggestions for other materials like these ones: Bronze, aerogel & astatine.

I would like to see an option to have multiple different colors for the same terrain types like water.

Example: I wanna be able to change the oceans in my place to more light blueish whilst water on land is more darker.

Anyways, this update is amazing!

2 Likes

This is amazing, I don’t usually comment, but this is by far the most beautiful graphics I have ever seen in a game like Roblox. I’m amazed at how far you guys have come.

I’d like to Opt-In if possible
Opt-In ID: 146166311 (This is y user ID, I’m not sure if that’s what I’m supposed to do, but there it is.)

Place ID: 6113700142 (A simple baseplate. Once again, I really don’t know what I’m doing.)

1 Like

yes, i want it too, the realistic reflection could be a very cool feature

3 Likes

Opt In:

Place IDs: 5149128884, 5557857046, 3159113004
I would like to opt-in for this. Thanks!

I would like to opt this place: 5840921494 into the beta.

Material ideas that I think would be awesome

Wet Cobblestone

Wet Grass

Cracked Sand

OIP

Also, can we get more support on the region terrain property, more specifically I would like to have scale and rotate factors for regions of terrain similar to that which we find in the model section, that way I can specifically position terrain, currently I have to spend hours trying to move a region into a place.

If you don’t know what I am talking about when I say scale and rotate factors:

10 Likes

I LOVE IT! The new terrain AND parts look AMAZING! :grin:

1 Like

I am aware of the part to terrain converter, but filling in water that way is a mess, at least for me

1 Like

Oh my lord these look amazing! I cant wait to see them

Woah, this looks amazing! Definitely will push realism forwards. Along with this update, could we also get a way to place terrain water like a part? I think it would be very beneficial for games with beaches/waterparks/lakes etc.

1 Like

This is just awesome. Since building isn’t my strong point in studio, this will definitely help!

2 Likes

My first thought when reading this thread was “WOW”. Amazing and great job! I can’t wait to try out these changes. I would really like to Opt In as well. Place ID: 307200268

3 Likes

This is absolutley beautiful! You guys over at Roblox HQ have truly outdone yourselves this year. Opt in to the beta, Yes Please! Place Id: 6114182191

Santa came to town early eh? This looks amazing and I can’t imagine the amount of creativity that this will bring!

A few questions I’d like to ask:

• How are we going to add the texture? Will it be via studio or via local client?
  • Is there a specific requirement for our image to be imported as a texture? Is there a picture size requirement? Does it have to be seamless?
  • And lastly, how will the other players be able to use my texture in the place, do they have to spend time downloading more data into their client when they join the game?

Finally, I’d like to opt-in! The place IDs that I’d like to opt-in are: 5690491864, 5841977046

1 Like

Please allow my game ID: 5691396900 Respect to the devs

I Love The Picture And Now Wanna See How They Look In-Game

opt-in ID: 6114321122

1 Like