New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

Maaaaan, this is soooo cool!!!
I am so excited. I can’t wait till you release it to public.
Whole bunch of new PBR materials = nice
Terrain materials can be applied to parts = NICE
All of them are looking awesome = NICE

Good luck on implementing it in roblox.

1 Like

Wow! Having the same textures across Baseparts and Terrain is amazing!

Personally I would want to see more textures like Stone Wall, Plaster Wall, Leaves (plants) and Roof tiles.

I’d like to opt-in! The place ID that I’d like to opt-in is: 189406065

Roblox is really making an effort to getting their IDE into modern graphics, I love it!

I assume it will be done the same way as normal Textures and the SufraceAppearance textures. Meaning we will have to upload decals for the colormap, normalmap, etc… and then paste the IDs into a field. We already know that the above mentioned methods need more time to load in, which can ruin the experience.
And then there is the ever pushing need for higher resolution decals, which would increase the file sizes considerably. I’m interested in how the Roblox dev team will tackle this issue, if they do at all.

A material I think would be cool is a material like glass that doesn’t hide transparent parts.
Opt in id: 1301622867

1 Like

This looks amazing to see for Roblox developers. Roblox is becoming so realistic and I never thought in the 6 years I’ve been here to ever see these amazing graphics in a blocky game.

This looks amazing I would like to opt-in and check it out!

Opt In:

Place IDs: 577812499, 5166924472, 5715001841, 4957522360

Yeah, the resolution of decals isn’t that high and ruins a lot of games because of the pixelation or just the blur on the textures.

Sadly you can’t create many water-oriented games due to the horrible water fog that you can’t even remove.

Sorry for being ignorant about this, but what´re they planning to release?

1 Like

Cool! Let’s add FIB 3… these new materials… PBR… Facial Animation… Blocky character~ umm…

Anyway, these looks stunning! Good job Roblox, you are surely on your way to compete with other engines, at last!

1 Like

Wow, the first day I come back to ROBLOX Studio, I see this cool update! I’m curious to see how this would work in my game. May you please add this feature to my test place? Thanks.

Place ID: 5003941913

Roblox says that this update won’t affect performance for other people. :smiley:

7 Likes

I am really excited for the new materials! I would love to try them out in the test place of our main game!

Place ID : 5180634924

Why not just give us the ability to make our OWN terrain materials? Like Surface Texture for parts…

3 Likes

When will it come out into beta?

Haha. Definitely not. But I love the way you think!

Unreal Engine is incredibly powerfull and way more customizable than Roblox. Keep in mind, Roblox needs to stay easy to learn and develop so they can get more developers!

3 Likes

WOW, This is Roblox?!?!
I really like the Basalt, I will probably use that a lot.

1 Like

Thats coming. It was confirmed in rdc 2020.

1 Like

That’s the most insane update for a while. :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful. Count me in!
Opt in
PLACE ID: 3768626576