New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

This is very cool can’t wait to try it out.

Well, from what I heard, the aren’t the best at following timelines.

1 Like

I’m gonna try and be optimistic, since it’s not the clouds object (which took way more time than the 10 days they advertised).

2 Likes

Do these terrains actually have a texture?!!! Wow. Just wow. This is amazing. The cracked lava used to look like a blob with a decal. I hope this comes out soon to all!

3 Likes

So, I use it and accidently use the paint tool and brush the urban house (with snow material). The urban house becomes white!

Could you add a Smooth wood floor material because wood planks dont really work well with more modern homes and dont look good for them. Also a polished wood material would be nice to have. Also can there be different types of fabrics because currently the fabric material doesn’t work well for blankets. A cloth material for like pillows and blankets or a towel material would be nice. Also a drywall material would really be nice to have and would love to use and a shingles material would also be nice.

6 Likes

They never have been known to meet deadlines alot so I would not get your hopes up. if you look at the last road map alot of stuff got delayed. But they did announce as a post it so I guess there is a decent chance.

the thing i hate about roblox’s deadlines are, that they reach them sometimes but never ever says it to anybody, like in the release logs there are prob hundreds of “pending” updates that are already published

2 Likes

The roadmap release dates are for the full release of a feature or public availability

sometimes there but the release logs i said.

oh my mistake. yeah thats a bit annoying that they don’t mention it sometimes

I’m assuming we’ll see the beta launch pretty soon. Not only because there’s only a limited amount of weeks left in Q1, but because of the endorsed models released recently. It just makes sense to me to release a nature pack alongside updated terrain materials. I guess we’ll see.

8 Likes

I’m getting my hopes up. Lets hope what you say is true.

5 Likes

new corroded material (new v old)

9 Likes

How did you get this? Also it definitely looks better, maybe some adjustments to the amount of corrosion could be lowered, and that’s all really (besides maybe making it slightly foggier (not as much as the old version tho)).

3 Likes

If you don’t mind telling me, how did you obtain this?

5 Likes

If this is real, then individual materials might need secondary traits to them. Like some materials like the corroded metal have two distinct colors, so the corroded part of the metal should be able to be edited.

1 Like

That looks really good! I always thought the old rust material looked terrible when going with realism.

1 Like

Are you sure that’s actually one of the new materials, and not something you’ve put together with MeshParts and SurfaceAppearance? Looks good either way, but if it is the latter, please don’t try to mislead people into thinking this feature has been enabled when it isn’t (we don’t want a repeat of everyone trying to opt their places in when it’s not available to be opted into yet).

unconfirmed new materials/textures using a beta build of studio

8 Likes