New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

Yeah, that isn’t roblox, I just found out. I looked at the sun-rays and they don’t match the ones we have currently.

Yes, i just found out but i am allowed to use that image, right ?

1 Like

I wouldn’t see why not, but don’t quote me on that.

1 Like

I’m not really ok with metal texture. It destroys the look of the lobby for my game and I got nothing to replace it with. I wish there was something like metal 2 which is the old metal material which was very good. This new one is too reflective…

1 Like

My opinion on this, if it were to be an update, it should be a feature you can toggle on and off until it’s developed into the community. If all-terrain just changes it will make a lot of developers upset. I really like the new terrain your showcasing but the only way I can see it fitting in is if you can toggle it on and off for your game.

A pearlescent feature to put metallic tints on stuff like the green metallic color on this blue-ish car would be pretty cool.

12 Likes

those pictures look like something out of breath of the wild

1 Like

The first pic is not from Roblox though, it’s a screenshot from another game.

1 Like

oh well it is still impressive looking at the bottom picture

1 Like

I was trying to recreate that image like the original post did 4 years ago when I realized I couldn’t reply to it, but this is what I ended up with.

Terrain isn’t perfect but with a bit of time and effort you can sorta match the quality of a game like botw. I do hope that they listen and don’t replace the materials we already have, if you are going to remake the materials, they should do so being as close to the original textures as they can be, otherwise I would love to see some variations in different materials.

6 Likes

WOW good job.

I probably wouldn’t be able to remake the picture.

1 Like

I’ve enrolled in the beta program, but I can’t access these materials. Is there a special version of studio I have to download?

Release Material Update Beta v1.1 · Roblox/material-update-beta · GitHub

If your on windows, click v1.1.Windows.zip

If your on mac, click v1.1.MacOs.zip

Extract the files, then look for RobloxStudioBeta. Open that then you’ll have it.

1 Like

@Aigeiros You can also just do this method, and if you have the new textures in your place, it’s BETA and it won’t apply to the actual roblox game client, only studio.

This is 100% Going to make making game awsome and making all types of games from Future game to medieval ect, Keep the work up roblox

Personally, I’ve been playing Roblox since 2009 and I’ve always seen any updates from Roblox coming to Terrain. I think this is the best Terrain update so far, but the old Terrain was not causing most computers to slow down, of course, but how will Terrain currently being shown optimize the computers?
I am really curious and happy.

The old one is looks bad today but optimization isn’t bad you know

Today’s comparison

And what i mean;
51564743cafe7251b2257c6cfd3c4694b2c2d78e_2_690x275
Although I have experienced it myself, I hope nobody will experience the optimization problem.

8 Likes

Only difference is that there’s newer textures. This is not meant to optimize terrain. And they’ve said that the new textures have basically no performance difference.

3 Likes

Then it will be an absolutely amazing experience, I love it!

3 Likes

I would like to see these stuff in my game!

place id: 6486679503

You can’t opt in. You have to download it from the GitHub file.

3 Likes