New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

Would love to opt in, looks amazing

PLACE ID: 6071864600

3 Likes

This all looks absolutely amazing. Weā€™d love to opt-in with Kingdom Life 2 to use this for the christmas update.

Place IDs: 85697719, 1238852397, 1073935307

2 Likes

Wow this is absolutely amazing. Terrain was something the community has wanted re-worked for a long time and itā€™s good to see you guys listen and over deliver. I canā€™t wait to try out some of these new terrain types! Only question for me now is will the old materials be changed? A lot of people may not like their old games having materials changed.

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to opt in my testing place for these materials.

ID: 6051459849

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to opt in and tinker the hype is overwhelming

ID: 5798006095

2 Likes

I didnā€™t quiet consider that. I guess a reaction from me along those lines comes from a place of ego, like ā€˜look at what I can make with robloxs limited graphical toolsā€™. With this new feature other people will have alot easier of a time to make high end graphics in roblox which can be scary, almost as if work you put into something is about to be bested by someone else which is a toxic and unfair outlook on my part. I agree with you on that. However, it will be interesting to see how roblox addresses features such as compatibility and graphical settings.

4 Likes

Coral, or other under water terrain.
I feel the underwater scenery has largely been ignored. However with the updates to water coming out, it would really help games that have seas, lakes and oceans to have some sort of terrain.

Something along the lines of this.

48 Likes

I really wanna try this out, so hereā€™s my game ID to opt in: 625364452

4 Likes

This looks amazing! Opt me in please.

Place id: 6068914345

1 Like

Super excited for this update, especially with the addition of more metallic materials and different wood options

2 Likes

I donā€™t see any link to the applications for the whitelist so maybe that comes later?
Just in case I missed something, I would like to opt in to be whitelisted
place id

1 Like

PLEASE make the new terrain materials work as expected when changing their color!

3 Likes

This looks insane!!!

I would really like to opt in my RPG game Weaponcraft. Using this in my game would completely change the feel, we are already going for a realistic fantasy environment within our maps & this would take my game to the next level.

We are opening our game back up in 2 months or so since we are currently working on full release.

Here are a few screenshots of the game, we have a total of 6 maps currently + 12 dungeons!

Game ID : 4754884828

10 Likes

I donā€™t believe we can opt-in yet, but incase you can here I donā€™t want to have to wait even longer.

Place ID: 1498200106

3 Likes

Maybe it wouldnā€™t hurt to add Copper and Paint materials

6 Likes

Not gonna lie this is one of the best Roblox updates we have received in a while, I love everything about the terrain and how we will be able to mesh parts & terrain together easier. I would also love to opt-in! Game ID: 6106519392

2 Likes

Please let Kingdom Life II into this! It already looks stunning and Iā€™d love to push it to the next level with this new feature.

Place ID (for where I work on the game): 6030546041 and 5227876025.

Some showcases Iā€™d love to work on with this feature: 5435561027, 5143874889, 6043113349, 5672593218.

45 Likes

YES! just YES! Iā€™m extremely excited for these new materials! canā€™t wait to implement them into the games iā€™m currently working on

4 Likes

This is one of the best, if not the best update on Roblox. I hope we will be getting changes to terrain water soon too.

Place ID: 3776983338

4 Likes

When you say ā€œI want next generation Robloxā€ Well here you go. At least next generation textures but still I wonder what insane stuff Roblox is thinking of!

2 Likes