New Terrain and Parts Built-In Materials - Release Build

The latest, I just extract it to my desktop and run the .exe file.

1 Like

Tutorial? It isn’t working for me…

heko

Well I’m totally jealous.

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.30.36 AM

It won’t open for me either.

8 Likes

Well my roblox launcher and studio is not working right. So really, I am just in a way worse condition than you :confused:

1 Like

Have you tried opening your places from the Roblox Creator Dashboard?

I also do have a problem with my roblox launcher too.

How do I launch the studio from there?

Right click on a game, click open in new tab, and when it opens, click the three dots up in the right corner, and click edit. I hope this wasn’t confusing. :sweat_smile:

as a total to desktop has run exe file just fix a problem report i’m totally that to build

1 Like

Hey how come I don’t have any replies :frowning_face:. Could someone assist me and maybe tell me step by step?

Copy the platform content folder from the github build to the actual Roblox Studio build.

Just replace it.

2 Likes

This is a sloppy solution as I’ve mentioned before, as the textures themselves are not perfectly fitted and will end up looking janky and off-scale.

2 Likes

That’s only if you don’t include a certain script. But that script is already in the platform content folder. So all you gotta do is just replace the older folder. It was like that because people only copied the folders with textures in it not the entire Platform content folder.

1 Like

I’ve tried this just now, and the results are still the same. Proportions have only been applied to the terrain materials rather than parts. Here is a comparison picture showing that the brick texture for parts is completely offset:

I think I should wait for these materials to come out properly.

1 Like

The part Brick tiling you see there appears to occupy 1x2 studs from what I can tell, which seems to be correct as the new Brick material does occupy 1 stud per brick. I think it’s the terrain that’s wrong in that particular case.

It’s the other way around. The smaller brick size is the correct one, as I had been using it for various iterations of the beta.

Here is a picture showing the correct size for one of my builds.

Here is a picture of how it looks with the incorrect proportions.

I have other examples saved. The proportions are not correct, but it’s the parts that have that. I need those new materials to be properly sized in order to continue these builds. They are properly maintained in the terrain, but not in parts.

3 Likes

Not going to lie, larger brick looks cool as well.

5 Likes

hm there other explain are brick has to build there looks cool so yeah that’s a part continue is ngl for parts

1 Like

That’s weird… I haven’t really seen it on any of my builds, probably because I don’t use brick. You can just keep swapping them when you open builds but I’m not sure…?

Great update, but there is one material that needs to be changed. Plastic is the most used Roblox material ever, but ever since the glare was removed in 2019 as some kind of band-aid fix to the glare in player profiles on the website (the glare was caused by the new lighting engine), it has not looked right. It has been this way ever since. (I didn’t even mind the glare in the player profiles, it looked fine)

In the new beta builds, the Plastic, along with the surfaces, appear to not have been changed. The plastic looks way too matte, not shiny enough. Unlike Plastic, SmoothPlastic does not work with surfaces, so I want to use regular Plastic, but it does not look “Plastic” enough. Kinda disappointed that Plastic wasn’t even touched in this new “Material Update”.

Make Plastic shiny again!

3 Likes