New Terrain and Parts Built-In Materials - Release Build

did the update happen because i dont see the difference and I’m working on a big 15k by 15k mmorpg map and it will be difficult to change all the materials and I’m using roblox terrain editor so I hope u guys inform us (:

2 Likes

No the update didn’t happen yet we are all waiting still but i wish to hear something from them sometime soon.

1 Like

They will make an option to change between old and new materials, it’s marked as a solution on this post.

1 Like

yea i hope they inform us because later on i cant change a 15k by 15k map so easily it takes alot of time to work on a big map like that

oh rlly? thats great (rrojrgigrjgrifjfdjfgi)

You can no longer do this trick, because Roblox has switched the way of fetching textures: instead of fetching from the PlatformContent folder, it will now fetch from the internet. SharkBlox has more info on this: BAD NEW UPDATE! WE CANNOT REMOVE/DELETE TEXTURES ANYMORE!? (ROBLOX) - YouTube

1 Like

If you look into roblox image files or textures idk what the path to it is, but it should be pretty easy to find and you could save the textures from there.

The fact that it’s now network based excites me! They’re making preparations for this update, and it seems optimized. Hopefully this means an update is coming soon.

5 Likes

Question, is the RobloxStudioBeta testable now? I haven’t tried opening it in a while, if not, why haven’t they fixed it yet? I can’t even try out the textures on my game.
Screenshot 2021-10-25 200310

If it works for you, please tell me what you did. I really need this on my game.

1 Like

We should be allowed to use our own textures.

5 Likes

we’ll soon be able to with materialservice.

8 Likes

We already can to some extent with SurfaceAppearance.

1 Like

I am having problem’s with the new materials, So when I put the materials ready and good, It only changes the terrain materials and not part material’s.

2 Likes

It appears that the stand-alone candidate build is inaccessible currently. At first I thought this was because I was using 1.4 instead of 1.5, but once I downloaded and attempted to open the 1.5 version, the same error of it being “stuck and several weeks out of date” appears still. Is there any way for me (or any other developer) to access the new built-in terrain and part materials? Or do we have to wait for the issue to be resolved?

8 Likes

It seems we have to wait for this feature to be fully released, or await further updates from the team.

7 Likes

I really hope we get an update soon.

5 Likes

I personally don’t think that this feature will make into the game until middle to end of 2022. This is not actually a fact, just an opinion.

I have been incredibly excited for these, and it’s a shame we can’t even have an updated release build.

6 Likes

I wish to see an updated release build soon and hope for it to have the new materials!

5 Likes

I hope Roblox hasn’t just given up on this update.

9 Likes

This update, will change the future of realistic games. Materials like this can make the Roblox platform have very realistic experiences.

6 Likes