New Terrain and Parts Built-In Materials - Release Build

Dang, this optional thing takes so long, it just should have a switch button

8 Likes

Now this is completely broken, The texture’s does not work anymore for me. I am completely dissapointed.

3 Likes

This is now what happens when you put the texture’s… https://gyazo.com/b2ea83e7abdb92d843558587f668504f

1 Like

Want the mesh in the image. Please tell its url.

2 Likes

This will come soon the whole reason they added it to where if you change textures in game files and it won’t appear is for this update, they’re working on it be patient. The textures of roblox has been cloud saved or whatever so there could be an option to switch between i’m guessing

5 Likes

I saw 2 good articles about Materials and it DOES interest me

According to what I read, we would be able, with these, to change any material we want to something else (with NormalMap, Roughness, …)

So we could actually change every material to what we want and THIS is FREAKING NICE!!

5 Likes

For having created the design of the bed xD

I totally agree with you, this new texture is pretty bad, and I can’t see myself using it…

2 Likes

I personally think it would be cool if Roblox implemented a texture pack system, similar to Mojang. The ability to download other premade material sets from other players would be amazing. Unfortunately, Roblox doesn’t have the best moderation, so I doubt they’d do this.

9 Likes

Material Variant is coming, so these will exist from the developer.

5 Likes

So something like a toolbox for materials?

5 Likes

A service (MaterialService) with properties that correspond to each material (MaterialService.Brick, …)

And MaterialVariant is to set the texture, the normalmap, the roughnessmap, …, … and THIS instance must be set to MaterialService[MaterialProperty]

So it will replace the current material to the MaterialVariant, so with what you put inside it

4 Likes

Even if this did happen it would be buggy with showing in the actual roblox game for other players if possible

3 Likes

It must be like downloading texture pack not online texture pack

2 Likes

Yeah. It’d probably require the developer to download, or create the texture pack. Then, the players of the game would have to download it, kinda like some minigames on Hypixel and other Minecraft servers. Specific minigames require you to have certain resource packs.

3 Likes

Yes like that I want. If it is online I would be upset.

3 Likes

Its pretty obvious that its gonna be streamed to you as normal, that’s how it’s always worked for custom textures and basically for the entire game, and roblox wouldn’t want to require people to download stuff before you even play the game. Also I dont think many people are willing to download a lot of textures just to play their favorite games. Especially if they have a slow hard drive or just not that much space in general.

4 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of having a new section of inventory. If I’m correct, downloading models from the toolbox will not send them to the hard drive, and instead download them online. When I made the original comment, this is what I had in mind, but I was confused by what @nanosph said.

3 Likes

But if it’s like that then player has to wait for 15min for loading in game if they using a cloud texture pack will require high internet

2 Likes

I think minecraft downloads texture pack in hard drive so roblox must do the same for best performance or else it could download it as cache of what is currently used

2 Likes

We’re all gonna make it. :]

(1) Bloxy News (@Bloxy_News) / Twitter

14 Likes