New threads in development discussion should be reviewed before being public

The amounts of off-topic and unrelated threads being posted everyday in #development-discussion is really concerning (Not to mention the very obvious AI-Made threads.) and I can relate to the mods struggling to moderate each post being flagged but this could easily be simplified by having new threads being reviewed before being public. Another suggestion is locking it behind a requirement. One example is requiring more than >20 likes (Received) to post a new thread, this would prevent alts and new users being confused on where to post their threads.

3 Likes

I know taht #development-discussion is in a bad situation, but they created the Trust System so there no need to review topics, something that proved useless, also I don’t get how having more than 20 likes makes you a trusted person, I could just create an alt account, go in a PM and like myself 20 times, and also #development-discussion is like this because I think that many things get misunderstood and calculated as ‘discussion’, but I think that you are right, or another idea is to have @moderators move the treads instead of eliminating them all the time!!!

1 Like

I did make a thread wondering why mods can’t just move topics but I never got a genuine answer. They just archive them now it seems.

I actually created one, search for: “We Need more Report Options” and you should get one, they took in consideration the one of moving topics, so it may become a thing

We had a system like this for #development-discussion and a couple more categories known as Post Approval. The system was awful. With a decent amount of volunteers who did not have the other responsibilities of moderation, it eventually fell apart. Our backlog was over 200 posts pending review for months with 2 weeks being normal for a review before the system was ended. Putting that on the moderators is an awful idea.

3 Likes

This seems to describe a specific proposal instead of a problem. Could you ensure your thread describes your problem instead going forward? Feel free to review this resource for details:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-post-a-feature-request/37232

Unfortunately your specific solution will be hard to implement for reasons mentioned above: a manual review here is not user-friendly to the poster and doesn’t scale well given the size of this community.

Closing this out since this thread covers a proposed solution we won’t be able to implement. I definitely recommend writing your feature requests to be problem-focused rather than solution-focused!

4 Likes