New Trades Page - Available for All Users

This page was a passion project that did not take away any resources from other efforts. I am fully on board with upgrading the develop experience :slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

Hey!

Is it possible that you can enable ROBLOX users, with premium or without to be able to trade? If so that would be lovely!

4 Likes

The recent bug with lost items in trades is completely unrelated to this page. We’ve discovered the root cause of that bug and will ensure it doesn’t happen again.

9 Likes

Agreed. I can only imagine a lot of users are going to mistakenly accept trades thinking what they are giving is on the top. I think this would be an important change to the current new layout. Otherwise, I think this is a very nice update since this page had never been revamped since it’s release before now.

9 Likes

Alright, thanks for the info! :sweat_smile:

Have the people who were affected by the bug received any compensation?

4 Likes

Non developers like traders mostly buy premium just for the trade ability. If non premium users were to trade, that would result in complete and utter chaos. Scammers will benefit from it as they can fool little children who are about half of roblox’s audience. It’s better if trading stayed with premium only, so premium actually has a meaning for non developers.

12 Likes

There would less of a point of getting it, weakening Roblox’s revenue from the users. We, as developers, have already been allowed to earn as much as the Premium member do, through Gamepasses and Developer Products, much recently. They have also tripled Premium Payout revenue, so I don’t think it would be a great idea to trade without Roblox Premium, as many users who had bought Premium would maybe stop, and reduce the effect of the recent tripling in the Premium Payouts. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

The page looks great! But like @WhoseTrade said earlier, I’m not a fan of the orientation change. I can see people getting scammed with that (especially since there’s not a ton of warning to it outside of the text change, which is easy to miss). Any chance that can be swapped?

12 Likes

I used to use the trade page to find my summary. Is this still there?

3 Likes

omg yes… i been waiting for the trade page to support dark themes FOR SO LONG.
I’m not sure if any suggestions is going to be taken but could there be more item slots than 4? I seen a lot of other people that do trade regularly want to trade for bigger item but can’t do it safely and risk getting scammed by the other user because they have too many smaller items to do it in one trade so more slots being added in would be really nice

10 Likes

This’ll make it way easier, thanks a bunch.

4 Likes

Sorry to divert attention from the main topic of the thread but I really doubt that $5 stands in the way of people scamming others.

That being said I agree with others in this thread, the precedent for “your items” to be on the top has already been set and as far as I can see there is no reason to change it.

5 Likes

I have a few suggestions, also.
I might just be echoing what others have said, but PLEASE PLEASE change the orientation back! It would be super confusing to have that changed.
Also, allow an option to not receive trade messages. It makes it super hard to actually see the messages you get when you have this many all just being trades.image
And finally, could we please get more trade slots? I’m talking like… unlimited. This would stop mass trades/double trades, which are common scams.

I love the redesign, and it’s a lot easier on the eyes for an active trader like me, but please consider the improvements I’ve mentioned here.

Cheers dev team! :smiley:

20 Likes

Is there a technical reason why the inventory can’t also have infinite scrolling instead of the left and right buttons? I’m assuming that each next button is a hit to load more inventory data, why can’t the client just receive the entire inventory data at once and cache it?

Just a more general question because these buttons cause me pain in other places. Besides that great overhaul, love your updates!

12 Likes

Awesome! I love how a lot of pages are being remade. They are looking better and better!

3 Likes

There are a lot of little children under the age of 13 who trade. They send a lot of trades and they are used to the “Items you will give” being on the top. It may look like it isn’t a problem in your perspective but this can lead to other problems.

8 Likes

I’d be less focused on something trivial like infinite scrolling and more focused on a search feature.
I don’t want to scroll through 50 Easter Event Eggs from some Hoarder to get to let’s say a Racing Helmet.

8 Likes

I really do like this new trade look. I think it would be good to add at least one or more slots. Except the problem is how are we gonna check our pending sales? That’s the one problem I don’t like. I give this a 3.9/5 just due to the fact that you can’t see pending sales and stuff like that.

8 Likes

I love the new look it’s more clean in general. I do have a few questions though. Why was the slots where people give & receive items changed? This may cause confusion for traders especially ones with dozens of items (I actually ended up completing a trade because of the new change that I would not have accepted otherwise). Also can we expect a future change regarding trading slots? Not only would this help massively by reducing the chances of people scamming due to “mass trades” but this would be an amazing feature that would be appreciated by everyone in the community.

16 Likes

The new trade page looks quite interesting.
Especially with a dark theme, i like it!

6 Likes