New Trades Page - Available for All Users

Looks really nice, specially with dark mode! I love the re-design and I will completely welcome it. Although, I’d love to see more trading slots open to use because this could stop someone trading 8 items in 2 trades with someone which could encourage scamming. I also don’t understand why the orientation has changed with “Items you will recieve” and “Items you will give” but I dont really mind. Also, please add more security to stop scamming since scamming is a huge deal in the trading community.

Those are just some of my requests, but I do love the new design! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Wow It looks so much better then the old trade page!

4 Likes

I love it!! but please do add more slots.

18 Likes

I understnd that, but I mean they’ve been doing a lot to make it so that the general ROBLOX audience can do more, experiment with new topics, etc. (They made it so everyone can make groups, 30 % tax on everyone instead of just 1 person, etc)! I understand why they wouldn’t do it though.

3 Likes

Finally providing updates for traders is an excellent move forward, so thank you for that!

However, I agree with @calwina , at some point I, and many other Roblox traders would love to see a feature which would allow for more than 4 items per side trades, as it will prevent many scams and will allow for a far better trading experience.

11 Likes

One thing I think a lot of traders would love to see added is more trade slots in a single trade.

When you get items with a large amount of RAP/value and want to downgrade into smaller items it becomes difficult without splitting it into multiple trades, which is risky due to potential scams. Allowing more items on either side would remove this issue.

11 Likes

I have 2 more coins to toss in the fountain.

Can we get infinite scrolling? I mean, why not? It’s tedious to click those buttons.

Also, PLEASE ADD A SEARCH FEATURE!!! It’s super hard to trade with wealthier users with a lot of items.

Thanks again.

6 Likes

I decided to supplement it.
Nevertheless, it is still worth finalizing the new trade page, although it looks cool, but, as for me, some things are missing.

Let’s see what happens next with this page.

2 Likes

Like the other person said, roblox would lose* revenue because the amount of premium bought users are low., if trading were to be free. Premium will not have a benefit for the majority of roblox’s fanbase who aren’t developers, (like I stated). Needless to say, premium won’t be a useful product to most users.

1 Like

Does this mean the bug has been corrected? Or is it still being patched up?

2 Likes

i cannot preach those words hard enough

5 Likes

You can still access it through the above method, just not with the trade page anymore.

2 Likes

Great, now make the item images clickable and not just their names.

4 Likes

Very cool, although in the future I would like to see where you can add more than 4 items into a trade.

5 Likes

The one thing I do not like from this update is that your summary and transactions got moved up to where it displays your robux. I find this a bit impractical for such important monetary information because it’s kind of hidden and out of the way. Aside from that, the page looks a lot cleaner and it’s a lot easier to navigate.

5 Likes

We’re finally receiving an update after so long!
Even though it looks smooth and compatible with the site, the system itself is as it was back in 2012. That is, no “search bar”, no “sorting” (that includes by RAP, UAID just like it does rn, release date and name) and no more trade slots…
I understand there may be some reasons not to increase the trade slots but I really think sorting would make it so much better and easier for users to navigate through inventories.

11 Likes

Having been a part of the trading community since the feature was first released, I’m very glad to see that the Trades tab finally received some love and care after 8 long years, making it fit more with the modern design that the rest of the site uses. It’s a shame that there’s still only 4 trading slots and hopefully that’s something that’s looked into for a future update.

However, there’s just one problem I ran into, and it’s when I look at past trades that I’ve completed/declined. From what I can tell, trades are supposed to say if it’s open or closed under the user’s username. But for me, everything is simply listed as “Unknown.” I’d have to assume it’s because my inventory is currently set to private but I just want to make sure.

tradecompletedunknown

9 Likes

Still no search function?.. It’s still hard to find items for people who hoard limiteds. Is this only an interface redesign? Because I knew that certain exploits can make a player auto accept trades without the player agreeing which are causing scams, I don’t really know anything in-depth about it but is there any internal changes towards the system?

But it’s definitely a good chance towards such legacy tab that haven’t been receive a major updated for years, I love the fast navigation and the non pop-up windows! :+1:

5 Likes

When you don’t have premium and can’t access one of the most important pillars to the economy of the website (At least the marketplace fee was lowered for a couple things)

2 Likes

The develop page, although clunky, has received updates in recent years. The trades page hasn’t been updated in 7 years.

6 Likes