New Updates to the Toolbox!

Glad to see models being able to be displayed beforehand through the toolbox. When I first started building I always had difficulties with determining if the model was good or if any malicious content such as bugs were hidden in it. This is a good way to see if any scripts or parts are implementing bugs.

1 Like

This update will save a lot of time! Glad to see it here!

Yes, it looks nicer and some of the new functionalities are very useful, however, I wish Inventory was the default setting rather than Marketplace. Efficiency wise it’s a step backward as now I have to switch tabs and then do the drop down menu to get what I want from my items.

I guess the trade off is that new users can better comprehend the system but customizability to select the default tab would be nicer for more advanced users who use stuff in their inventory more regularly than from the marketplace.

1 Like

Actually, I think the toolbox is terrible. Unless you are checking out models to learn how to script/do something, or you have a game and you need people to model maps for you, it really is useless. No point in having another game made from free models. If you wanna do something, do it yourself.

2 Likes

Look awesome! Love this new toolbox!

Something I would like to see is the possibility to sell models for Robux, kind of like Unity

1 Like

Yesss I agree here. I would hate to see people pay for backdoors. +_+

3 Likes

You can actually do that by submitting your model to be an Official Roblox Model. I believe the payout if your model is accepted would be 8k robux.

1 Like

That’s not exactly what he means. He means like you pay 2000 robux to get a model.

Thanks to the team that released this. This makes looking through models so much easier, and prevents the annoying task of scrolling through the horrible dropdown menu.

Thank you! This makes everything much more organized and allows it to be easier to find items!

The toolbox is useful for having your own presets. I don’t want to re-code a efficient system if I can just drag and drop my own model. I think the toolbox is useful for having your own models to easily use; It’s not just for free models.

1 Like

Thank you so much for updating the Toolbox! I really needed this! I like how it’s more organized and you can actually observe the model as well! Great update!

2 Likes

Finally some change to the toolbox!!! This change seems to reflect roblox’s effort for renovation of its old features.

“Somehow it still works” being the keywords there. You don’t just magically not have this stuff happen. I’m pretty sure Unity doesn’t allow anyone under the Sun to upload things to their library (although I’ve honestly only used their library a few times so I could be mistaken).

Even if we had curated models, I still don’t see why someone would shell out money for them. People are still going to whine at you for using “free models” and obviously others are going to steal it.

People did pay for scripts during the time of private modules. Not to mention, similar things happen outside of Roblox. If Roblox ever wants to be seen as a true development platform, I’m sure an asset store- be it officially or unofficially ran, would be wanted by many developers, and it would also attract more professionals.

1 Like

I really like this update, it makes the Toolbox look much nicer and it’s much easier to use now. I also like that we are now able to preview other(s) assets/models or someting like that.

This is a very nice update. Makes it much easier to look through my models/images.

That would be annoying, but I think it shouldn’t be too much of a problem if your careful

I never heard of that, could you link me where you got it from?

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/model-maker-program/23957

Here you go!

1 Like