Newline Character doesn't work on kick messages

It’s appreciated that the team at least went to clarify that this change was intentional. It’d be helpful if there were some additional feedback on alternatives/intentions and such. There is in many cases, relevant information(banning admin, duration, reason), that will inevitably clutter the pop-up when it’s displayed to the player.

1 Like

This is an amazing idea, I wish roblox did that instead.

hmm yes it’s similar

WHAT

(i cant close it forever)

4 Likes

What’s big premium window came from?

200 characters is less than a tweet, this is not adequate. Ban and kick messages require detail so users know what to do to get unbanned.

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure they removed the \n.

Testing

The kick message is:

Kick message

You have been kicked from this experience: You have been kicked for Hacking

Instead of:

Kick message (THIS IS WHAT IT SHOULD DO !)
You have been kicked from this experience:
You have been kicked for Hacking

Another Alternative
This alternative is not a good way of kicking someone out of the game, but it solves the problem with new lines. Why not make a custom kick UI and then crash the player?

How can you make it?
It’s very simple: Firstly you display your UI that the player has been kicked, add some blur to the background so it looks closer to the roblox one and then run an infinite while loop:

while true do
end

Does it affect the device?
Practically not.

Does it have any cons?
Yes, it does. The kicked player cannot leave by themselves but has to wait till the game fully crashes.

(I will use this until Roblox adds back new lines.)

1 Like

I can confirm that this is not patched and is an ROBLOX Issue

1 Like

Not an issue, Roblox made this thereself with full intent.

1 Like

Bruh, how will I make a ban message when you changed it like that?

1 Like

Uhm… now what?ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

1 Like

It’s probably never coming back, kinda sad to be honest, it has good uses.

@Tiffblocks I apologize for pinging you, but is there a reason why the internal team did not consider using a ScrollingFrame for the reason? I can’t get any ideas why yall did not consider it, or was it a oversight?

6 Likes

I love how the @staff didnt even comment on this issue… I disagree completely with it being removed.
I think people who abuse it should just be banned.

Alternative way: just use scrolling frames

3 Likes

Hm. I was wondering why it stopped working, now I understand why.

I’m tempted to write my own kick UI that sets the player’s parent to nil (which is the equivalent of kicking them I’m pretty sure? though I don’t know what the implications are of doing this fully and I don’t believe it fires PlayerRemoving) just to get this functionality back since it’s broken a hell of a lot of my formatting and even some of the boring ones have their ban reasons or appeal information truncated. I am in agreement with using a ScrollingFrame for this UI, and I do not understand why they chose to remove \n completely. Yes, it’s a quick fix for the issue, but it shouldn’t be the permanent solution. It makes it harder to create nicer (or in some cases, readable) kick messages.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.