Next Gen detail: Staircase model

Recently, I’ve started doing a similar style to what I already did, but this style allows me to make my builds more realistic with less effort.

Feedback is welcomed as always.

31 Likes

Is that the future bright phase 3?

3 Likes

it looks very realistic btw well done!

2 Likes

This is a huge step up. Very nice!

4 Likes

Poles are too thin. If someone sits on them, they will snap.

8 Likes

The poles and the “Net” design on the steps are too thin. Other then that, love it!

2 Likes

I’d also widen the rails a little, maybe so they cast a shadow but otherwise very nice work!

2 Likes

its so thin that you cannot even see the detail, as it just blends into the railing
other than that, I feel like most of the detail here is quite unnecessary and only makes the build have worse performace.

3 Likes

the detail on that is actually really crazy, great job!

1 Like

Small ~= Realistic + Good Model + all the other things

I would widen the rails. Any small amount of pressure would immediately make it break. Kind of reminds of the rope constraint.

Also when it comes to being consistent you don’t want to use full parts for crossing sections such as these (forgot what they’re called)

Most games (and places!) that I’ve seen has had it either with holes in the platform or no holes in the platform with the stairs following the same example.

The diamond plate material also clashes with the metal look, looks a bit lower effort than the other stuff.

Besides all that constructive criticism, the build does look pretty good.

5 Likes

If I take all the details off, it looks much worse.

Ugly if you ask me.

0.05. Thankfully, I have no plans to use <0.05 stud widths on it. I should probably swap it with 0.1

1 Like

Looks awesome! May I ask why you decided to put the “poles” on a 90 degree angle to the stairs instead of completely vertical?

1 Like

I really like it! I love the reflections of the light on the pipes and rails, is this a part of a bigger project?

I dont mean all the details, just the unnecessary ones.

1 Like

It’s easier to do it that way.

1 Like

Reading old comments, yes it’s fib3.