Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

As far as I understand this is a part of the new update, feeding our creations into AI, making it more accessible for general public to create and learn… less… by prompts to the AI?

Thanks for notifying this publicly, not enabling this by default everywhere (giving 60 days), not hiding this into an unreadable legal agreement or anything like that, I’ve personally opted out, and think many will do too. You can disable this being default on every place you publish and save.

4 Likes

Ok first of all looks kinda refreshing and the fact that there might be the ability for custom stuff is cool. However I do have my dislikes, why is the top thing bigger where the tabs are, in my opinion I would like things a bit more compact to maximize the work space etc.

To be completely honest though im perfectly fine using the studio we currently have, Im used to it, the icons etc are fine, over its good. It would be nice if we could choose one this is released what layouts and stuff we want to use.

But another thing I think Id like to see is the ability to customize and move around the tool buttons, like under a customize mode and once you’re done and save its locked in.

3 Likes

how long will this be in beta because i don’t want this to be FORCED

8 Likes

i really hoping the docking of uis be fixed now!?

1 Like

not getting that

I love this update personally. Roblox has always been lacking UI-wise next to engines like Unreal or Unity, this update makes roblox seem that bit more professional, and overall I think the UI Looks amazing. I’m really interested to hear why people DONT like this, because I don’t see what there is not to like. Thanks Paul!

• Like it
  • Dislike it
  • Not sure

0 voters

1 Like

Early 2025 maybe, so you’ll have time to get used to it

1 Like

I’d like to try it BUT… it always crashes, even in a simple baseplate place.

I open it, it loads, studio closes.

Modern gaming PC can’t handle the new pretty studio…

1 Like

Love this new look. Feels super clean, simple and modernized. Can’t wait for the full release!

3 Likes

FOR ANYONE HAVING CRASHING ISSUES

I figured out that many plugins are causing this. I disabled and uninstalled quite a few that I don’t use, and I no longer experience the crashing issues. I don’t know what ones cause it, but it is worth a shot. Hope this helps!

12 Likes

Nice to know that when I try to open a place, Studio immediately crashes with this turned on.

same thing i tried to reinstall the studio and restarted computer. The new UI still crashes my studio

no i will not be getting used to it. i am NOT using this.

5 Likes

thank you that actually helps alot

Would you mind giving me the list of plugins you disabled - even with them enabled it still shouldn’t be crashing!

Same for anyone who fixes their crashes by disabling plugins, please let me know which plugins you are using!

3 Likes

Plugin icons are way too small in my opinion
and this happens if the plugin name is too long:

2 Likes

crashing for me. also linux is very polished :saluting_face:

8 Likes

1 Like

Was excited when I seen this post. Tried it out straight away and immediately it feels like another half baked Roblox feature that didn’t get the resources it needs to be properly developed. The style differs from all the other UI in studio, even relatively new UI like the toolbox and terrain editor. Why can there not be a dedicated studio UI team?

3 Likes

I am not against a new UI being released, but are there any plans on keeping the old UI as well and having a toggable option to switch between the two?
Redesigning what is essentially an entire workplace for lots of people around the world could affect their efficiency and not a lot of people may be fans of it. I think it would be a good time to pause & think whether or not replacing is a good idea.

I can see this becoming the new default and being the preferred way of using studio for many people, but I believe we should have the option to choose between the two.

2 Likes