Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

Currently working on a plugin and wanted to use official studio components. Is it currently in the works / is open-sourced somewhere or will it be worked on in the future?

Will it be anything similar to this repo?

Warning: For that use Vanilla 3 for custom icons, enabling this beta feature will crash your studio.

4 Likes

Yes the “Download as File” is a known issue and we have a ticket for it.

That’s a great suggestion about plugins. Once we get the core of this whole new system stabilized, we absolutely want to overhaul plugin capabilities and development workfllows. But it will likely be next year before we have the bandwidth to get there.

2 Likes

Yes but no ETA. It’s tough to share this stuff while we’re still just getting it all working. Ultimately our goal is anyone can make really nice UI by using provided components and then style or extend them to meet their needs.

1 Like

It’s alot harder to use than manually edit ui and see directly Aply properties instead of making some properties and test it also just insert ui Normal is easier to see the responsibility I used ui scale now for the Topbar it automatically fill up available space

Make a lot of sense. Thanks!

BTW most existing Studio functionality is still there, we just may not have a button for it in the new default tabs. So a lot of things are available via the Quick Open Actions. Eventually this is what you’ll be able to add to your own toolbars/tabs.

Windows: Alt + Ctrl + P
Mac: ⌥ + ⌘ + P

1 Like

• Will we be able to choose wich widgets are enabled calopased etc with custom tabs and what spear in the ribbon bar and maybe replace normal tabs

Maybe also close the script if not in the script mode

• Like if you script it opens your custom script tab and shows also the output also I noticed that the assistance can run a script in edit mode maybe There needs to be a button to run your script to see what it says to the output sometimes if I script I need thousands times playtest to only check what the output says what delay development

• Also will this get a date search function it’s hard to dig into place versions sorry for some offtopic sugustions but I can’t post to #feature-requests so now you guys revamp studio that can maybe change too

• Will the customise system bar come back and can publish and save get an image like save will be a floppy disk and publish idk maybe a upload icon I already tried to make my own button but it is impossible to trigger publish or save with a script

• Thanks for sharing this I always was looking for a rate bar -----0------ I need that in my plugin

Understandable. The new UI just came out so it’s wayyy too much to expect anything RN. I just have one question though. How similar do you think the new components will be compared to the current ones?

Haha, all good! You should probably stay updated with roblox’s github organization to know more about stuff like this!

2 Likes

At the absolute minimum, you will be able to create totally new tabs with whatever combination of tools/actions you like and be able to hide the default “system” tabs. But I’m pretty sure we can do better than that.

Like if you script it opens your custom script tab and shows also the output also I noticed that the assistance can run a script in edit mode maybe There needs to be a button to run your script to see what it says to the output sometimes if I script I need thousands times playtest to only check what the output says what delay development

One of the cool new things in Next Gen Studio is all of the UI will have unique identifiers. One purpose of this,. like you mention, is so Assistant can do things. But another example of this is tutorial scripts able to highlight and control the UI. We’ve got some cool ideas for this in the future. But, just like the styling system, we’ve got to get Studio UI behaving consistently.

Will the customise system bar come back and can publish and save get an image like save will be a floppy disk and publish idk maybe a upload icon I already tried to make my own button but it is impossible to trigger publish or save with a script

We think a lot of Quick Access will be replaced with custom tabs but we have some ideas for bringing something similar back.

3 Likes

I really like this UI rework overall. Hopefully the wasted space can be fixed.

One thing that really frustrates me is that there is a 1/5 chance every time I open a place, all my undocked windows are gone and I have to reopen them one by one. I put explorer, properties, output, asset manager on my other monitor and they just straight up don’t appear sometimes.

Another issue is that there is another 1/5 chance that some of my plugins don’t load at all, so I have to go unload them and reload them again for them to appear in my plugins bar.

1 Like

Yes we’ve heard loud and clear about space efficiency! We’ll be working on a couple of solutions including general “tightening up” of layout and allowing for control of displaying certain elements.

This particular release doesn’t do anything with respect to docking (not intentionally, at least) but we know it has issues. Our big push was getting the corruption issue under control which seems to have happened. So I’d love to get back to ensuring docking “just works” the way everyone expects to.

On the plugins, can you double check to see if they appear in the Plugins menu? Just wondering if it’s an issue with with toolbar or if we really aren’t loading the plugin at all.

3 Likes
  local plugin = PluginManager():CreatePlugin()

local Toolbar = plugin:CreateToolbar("test") -- you need to ac tually interact with the plugin variable for the crash to occur

One question about this what is the new method to do

local plugin: Plugin = plugin or getfenv().PluginManager():CreatePlugin()

the plugin api doesn’t work in module scripts and I try to save atributes in my plugin I don’t want to use the depraved api

Hey there! Excuse me, but I’m not sure if it’s now my problem or not, since I’m still experiencing the crashes, and it’s completely impossible to open any place unless I disable all the plugins. I have seen in the post that it was supposed to be solved before July 25, but that’s not my case, and I’m now confused. Does this just happen to me, or is it still not solved for all? It will be good to update the post if it’s not fixed, as 25 has already passed. Thank you!

1 Like

Where is the “Device” button where you can see what your game looks like on different device’s screens?

Click on the title bar → View → Device

Nevermind I’m an idiot. Althout will this be a button in the custom page in the future?

Probably, I hope so… Maybe it will be a feature where you could put devices in a custom ribbon tab :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Wait, is it fixed yet? It’s been a week now.

1 Like

One thing not in the “Known Issues” list is the Material and Color selectors on the existing UI show the last selection on a quick apply button.

On the UI preview, you have to select it again every time, slowing down people who use these buttons to apply color and material often.

Existing UI Preview UI
image image
3 Likes

We believe this is solved. Are you on version 635? Otherwise it will not be. If you disable the beta, does it work?

2 Likes