Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

Here I made a full review YouTube video that discusses in detail and at length about the Roblox Studio New UI Update but only the Ribbon UI, not the main UI and I speak in Indonesian, if you don’t understand what I’m saying in the video, just turn on Subtitles . This is the video link: https://youtu.be/m_Yb4F1VrUs?si=EDQJwBLNasHVOH4h

2 Likes

My studio wont let me view my game at all. How do I fix this?
And yes I did reinstall it.

1 Like

The UI gives a bunch of new icons for studio and I do like that, but everything is completely wrong. Almost everything has changed for the worse. Please, make an option to change this back when it is released in the future.

1 Like

This has been answered, disable your plugins. the post says that some plugins cause crashing, y’all have to start reading the post before filling the replies

I enrolled in the beta and when I launch to edit a game on studio, it keeps crashing how do I fix this?

Its in roblox studio settings I’m pretty sure, had this problem a few times.

problem that im dealing with this: studio won’t properly load, and it will also close itself

Omg…
Never thought I would see the day that Roblox actually follows macOS Human Interface Guidelines.

Im going to try to start using this new Studio, and we will see how it goes.

Im extremely curious on how writing the UI in LuaU works, like will it be possible to write our own Mac/Windows apps with LuaU in the near future?

Also will it be possible to get a macOS App Icon when the new UI comes out for all?

4 Likes

After turning on the feature it crashes upon opening a place.

1 Like

I have the same problem. RE-installing doesn’t help.

1 Like

Please tell me this is will be an optional feature.
It looks more like a ripoff of Roblox Studio than a new ‘intuitive’ design.
I hope by ‘flexible UI system’, you mean this will be optional- The old UI was perfectly fine, but adding all of these unnecessary features honestly just overwhelms us developers.

1 Like

Supporting 2 completely different codebases would be a hassle for the engineers

3 Likes

To the people having problems with the new beta, just open studio normally without opening a game, go to Beta Settings and deselect the beta

2 Likes

I think this makes studio look bloated, like me after having a lot of bread. The amount of padding around the tabs and buttons is excessive and wastes a considerable amount of space. Studio is a tool for developers. If you want the interface to look pretty at the expense of ease-of-usability, you should make this update just for Apple like the rest of their interface.

1 Like

This might be a bit hard to see because I use a widescreen monitor but I don’t like how plugins aren’t separated by dividing lines anymore, it feels really odd and feels super unorganized/cluttered to see all plugins just kind of grouped up like this.

Essentially what I mean is this:

Feels a lot more organized and easy to look at.

Maybe this is planned and currently unintentional, or maybe this might happen automatically when we’re able to customize our own tabs, but currently this bugs me and thought I’d mention this anyway just in case.

2 Likes

I really do love how the new UI takes advantage of the macOS menu bar. Will definitely speed up my workflow a little bit as most applications I use have menu bar buttons.

3 Likes

A very cool update but im not able to open my studio using this it just crashes

Sad we didn’t get this on Windows, that topbar is really useful and is an eye candy, might consider switching to macos because of that.

Most programs don’t do this on windows, but integration would be interesting. Here’s Notepad for example:

1 Like

And Roblox’s old UI has major problems