Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

I noticed there were no “test” tab and I couldn’t test the game with multiple players.

1 Like

I’ve also been experiencing crashes when opening a place in studio, and it just closes without warning. Heres a screenshot taken from the Windows Event Viewer tool:

1 Like

Yes we will eventually get everything moved over to modern and globally consistent color palettes. First we’ve got to get alllll of the Studio UI using color values in the same, consistent manner. You’d be shocked at how much work this actually is. This is why I :roll_eyes: when people keep saying “reskinned UI” — I can only dream of a Studio that can be simply reskinned!

But yeah the dark theme background will only get more dark from this point.

7 Likes

Please see the OP for the latest on known crash issues. There’s only one we are aware of at this time.

1 Like

Please note the data use policy that launched this week is completely separate from the Next Gen Preview UI. These are not connected in any way.

The crash you’re seeing is likely due to out of date plugins. Please see the OP for details.

1 Like

Yeah it was caused by plugins, I had no idea that the post had been edited to inform the issue. Thanks!

1 Like

I turned off all the plugins and only used the ui one, still same issue,

However the “Plugins” tab is now completely blank.

It is mentioned that the issue was caused by a deprecated function call, but could there be another issue where Studio is unable to add the plugins to the tab because it is possibly missing a critical UI element?

Asuming that the old ui will no longer be accessable?

I guess but it should stay, new ui just crashes regardless how many plugins I have on.

Viewport pop out came back with the updated docking release a few months ago. Simply drag it out of the Studio window.

We are purposely putting out a simplified UI in this initial release for a few different reasons. The last thing we want to do is slow down experienced creators.

This new UI system has far more flexibility than we’ve ever had and we are excited to tap into all of these new options available to us!

1 Like

you can’t drag it, that’s the thing.

I honestly hope they don’t tbh, or migrate the UI to the new framework. As I do prefer the old one when it comes to looks.

I prefer the quality mostly, I can tell new UI will be quite hard to work with.

I would be fine with a graphics change, but layout wise the old one works better.

simply drag this tab (I marked it in red).
works in both the old and the new Studio UI

Yeah, I really agree with ya, I must say.

the issue is it crahses before loading, so I cannot.

Not all plugins cause the crash. You can try turning on just the ones you need and see if they work. We do have a fix ready for next week’s release.

then don’t claim that it does not work :person_facepalming: