Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

okay ive tested this out for 5 minutes and i have several complaints;
WHY do the top buttons need to be so grossly inflated? Why can’t i resize them?

why are all the buttons so weirdly spaced/seperated?

as for the buttons themselves, you took away the material selector again. bad move, didnt you learn from the backlash of last time?

i dont mind the actual look of the new buttons, they’re alright.
but they are both too tall and too wide. all of it.
Scale it down just a tad or, hell, just let us rescale them on our own.
And biggest of all GIVE US BACK THE MATERIAL PICKER
i dont need to open the material manager when im just trying to mass-apply some materials

overall i do like the direction its heading, but it needs alot of size work (and, its a beta but i believe i should mention, theres a bunch of the test tools missing from old to new)

3 Likes

It’s 3.8 and still no fix. Awwh mann…

The plugin fix was rolled out last week. Are you still experiencing a crash with specific plugins?

i keep getting warns in the output i think studio will not let me zwitch tablats and move npcs

first input table its also on the client i get when idk did somthing in the workspace the otheres get i by moving a npc in viewport frame

if this isnt optional im quitting developing on roblox

if this isnt optional then theres no point in living anymore

YEAH SO I AGREE BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO GET USED TO THE NEW ONE IT MAKES ME SAD :cold_sweat: :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

same… roblox is trying to oversimplify their studio ui which is pointless

it’s not that serious…

if this isnt optional then im gettin freaky

1 Like

@MeshOfPaul Even if we can hide the ribbon bar, please let us configure the height of the top bar to be as close to the height of old Studio’s as possible. The new top bar itself takes up way too much space for me.

I don’t even need any padding, I’d like the biggest viewport possible.

2 Likes

Thats amazing, really good to hear. Looking forwards to seeing a improved and exciting fancy UI!

1 Like

I honestly think the main issue with this new UI is how big the topbar is.
I honestly don’t even use it most of the time, and just have it minimized like this:

I hate the ‘roundness’ of this though so much and sadly that’s what modern UI is
This is going further from a development software that seems polished to be more ‘kid-appealed’, if you know what I mean

2 Likes

As much I like the design of the UI I’m personally going to stick with the current design a little while longer until the rest of the panels get updated and it just doesn’t look good mixing the new with the old.

1 Like

Any reason it keeps closing all of my widgets? Genuinely kinda infuriating

This is the first report we’ve heard about this since we released a couple weeks ago. If you set your panels back up and it happens again, the logs would probably be really helpful here. Feel free to DM

1 Like

Guess what? :happy1:

3 Likes

please add screenshot please!!!

1 Like

Hate to break it to you, but…

It doesn’t seem that it’ll be optional.

Looks like collaborators in general have finally made a return. Exciting to see everything get readded

1 Like