Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

Quitting an entire platform over an improved interface is pretty childish. It has lots of improvements according to the post so this is a good update. Had no idea people wanted to hold onto the past this bad before

7 Likes

Because I don’t wanna waste my keyboard key bindings. And I only bind crucial ones. There’s not many keys on my keyboard.

i’m still am experiencing crashes with specific plugins and i don’t know what plugins do i disabled.

YEAH, i cannot describe i happy i am
i dont have to switch to the old ui to add someone🥲

thanks for that roblox

1 Like

Exactly on the good date before the game jam

Just getting started! We’ll probably do a DevForum post/update in a couple weeks covering everything we’ve done since the initial release.

4 Likes

You can DM me a list of plugins that you have installed and we can check.

Thanks you so much
Hehe ui so cool

I personally really dislike the look of the UI, especially since it is missing a couple of features, CSJeverything sums it up perfectly in his reply, but will there always be an option to revert back to the old UI even if this one fully releases? I would love to have that as I’ve become so comfortable with the current UI that I don’t think I would ever get used to the new one. Mostly because I use the “toggle ribbon visibility” feature to only temporarily enable the top bar whenever I wanna use it.

The new ui is re-worked from the ground up. Once it releases, any potential option to revert will likely only be around for a month at most; Roblox is not going to maintain two different interfaces

MeshOfPaul stated that feature is being worked on; the new ui is currently just a beta, old requested features are still being worked on

2 Likes

It looks alright, I think it will definitely take some time getting used to. However, can you PLEASE do something with all of the empty space at the top? :sob:

It’s insane how much padding there is. The buttons look massive too. Why does it feel like this UI was designed more for a mobile device than a PC (which is the ONLY place studio runs)?

3 Likes

Most of the work has been on the underlying tech and just making it minimally functional to this point. We will keep refining the visual design and layout over time.

5 Likes

I don’t see any other beta features in the new Studio UI such as Material and Texture Generator. Will those be added in future updates or is it already in there?

That is an amazing change, I’m not gonna lie, but why remove the “View” menu? It is better if we have it in the same bar above.

1 Like

btw what is the new color palette for the ui?
can we pls have it to adjust the plugins’ look to the new ui?

We are slowly moving towards a platform-wide, consistent color palette but right now even the new UI in the Beta Preview isn’t the fully final palette. Partially because our design teams are still coordinating and partially because the new colors don’t work well with old UI.

But once we get further along, there will be standardized color tokens you will be able to use. We will recommend against using color values directly because that’s what got us into this color mess to begin with :slight_smile: In other words, we won’t ever get to allowing theming or color customization if people keep hardcoding colors.

7 Likes

Eventually you will be able to build your own tab/toolbar with whatever View controls you like.

3 Likes

Coming soon. A lot of these things, like collaborator management, were under their own Betas and heavy development while we were getting this Preview release off the ground.

Now we are able to start helping other teams get their projects integrated to the new architecture. More proof this is well beyond a re-skin of UI!

2 Likes