Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

does this mean that the “newly” redesigned icons from 2022 will now be replaced in a couple of months?

i’m quoting newly because these are now 2 years old at this point

1 Like

I was more referring to a specific date of the release, not just a fanmade discussion tab. But thanks anyway.

@Elonevator Can you send me your logs? Is this consistent for you?

The new UI is kinda hard to read, the search bar has an outline but the other buttons do not. Can we please get an outline on the buttons too to know what is clickable and what isn’t?

I have a slight problem with load times, when going from Home to Experiences and back it will always require it to load again. Roblox Studio should at least cache game names and thumbnails instead of having to reload the whole page over and over.

Yep we have not changed padding or spacing yet. I hope we can do a little bit of that in the coming weeks to prove this is not the final design :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We have some networking and cache improvements coming soon (like next release soon). @ElephantMesh will those help with this?

1 Like

The icons in the Beta are completely new. We aren’t reusing any of the 2022 icons, as far as I know. But this is only true for the ribbon toolbars. Explorer will get updated soon.

1 Like

It’s a known issue. The fix was supposed to go live this week but it will be next week.

Not exactly sure what the problem is but a lot of the newer clients e.g the standalone client as well as the new studio client seem to have some really rough networking.

I’m loving the changes though a little rough around the edges here and there. Definitely can see how useful this will be.

1 Like

This is a known issue with the new tooltips system. We’ll be working on this over the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

Please, add the recent tab again, it was easier than changing the sort type, also make the place icons smaller, and put the templates on top of recent experiences in the home page
Doing that would make it easier to adapt and use, since it would be like the old UI in a more modern style.

3 Likes

When quality meets speed. I like how the main menu of studio is fast but icons needs a bit of touch
Loved it overall decent!

2 Likes

It was definitely faster before they added all the ridiculous animations and gradients lol

It’s still in beta so give it some time

A part of the reason for the current testing is to measure real world performance compared to the old UI in the same version of Studio. We don’t show any animations or effects if we have the actual data to show.

3 Likes

Please bro this shit sucks :sob: just make the ui style a setting for gods sake

2 Likes

I doubt they can just do that considering they’re migrating from one framework to another - it might just not have the elements needed to replicate the old UI correctly. You’re effectively asking for two separate versions of studio in the same package.

2 Likes

Well they better figure out something because this is TERRIBLE.
The entire UI looks bloated, but the icons are tiny at the same time
The tabs are centered now, so forget the muscle memory we formed for YEARS doing this
Things are rearranged to the point where I cant find them anymore
Also they removed specific place selection on the recents tab so now I have to go hunt for it instead.

I don’t understand why people are praising this, it’s going to be a nightmare for my productivity and is just generally worse looking in my opinion

1 Like

Atleast someone in here knows…

1 Like