Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

Yup that’s why it’s in beta. It’s unfinished and they’re collecting feedback.

Again, early stages:

They could just add a setting to left align them if enough people request it lol. The responses to feedback on this have been much better than usual.

Since we’re meant to be getting custom tabs you should just be able to move stuff back if you don’t like it.

Opinions differ, I suppose. It’s far too early to write it off - beta features are well… beta features. They’re not meant to be perfect. Just offer your feedback and if enough people voice the same concerns they’ll be addressed.

5 Likes

Well at the very least they should include an automatic function to just rearrange the new UI to be similar in layout to the old one.

Just do it yourself, use the quick access toolbar, or don’t use the new menu at all. It’s still unfinished but it’s already hurting your workflow soooo much.

1 Like

if we can’t move the tabs, than the custom tabs are useless.

1 Like

you probably will be able to move them, if not that is a design flaw.

Keyword, “Going”. Read my post.
Obviously I’m not using it until it’s going to be forced upon us.

1 Like

can we get a toggle for the new menu ui? i liked the old one better, it felt more user friendly to me

3 Likes

btw, i like the look, i dont like the layout, maybe making it modern but making it also look like the old ui would be cool (if you know what i mean)

1 Like

its also pretty memory heavy on my end, but idk if it was like that before the new ui

I forgot to mention that from what I can tell this only happens when opening a .rbxl file from windows file explorer. It doesn’t seem to be affected if you open them in Roblox Studio

When the tooltip fix gets merged in will they become dark like the “custom tabs coming soon” one too?

Hi, I just checked so apologize for late response. How can I check the logs?

The window came back to the current version now.

1 Like

It’s very hilarious seeing people like you complain about the most random things possible.

First of all, you don’t even provide an actual point why you think the new interface sucks.

Second of all, why does it even matter? How much time do you actually spend on that page? For me it’s just 5 seconds to click on the place I’m trying to edit.

Roblox, just like all the other platforms, needs to modernize itself. It can’t just stay the same forever. Now cut this nostalgic stuff and give actual useful replies that can help Roblox Staff improve it.

5 Likes

Aaaand it broke xD

lmao this is like asking Microsoft employees to add a “Use Windows 7 interface” mode on Windows 11

maybe the reason people are “praising” this new UI is because the current Qt UI is a buggy, outdated, Windows 7 looking application, excluding all the problems with its base framework

seems like a skill issue, personally I haven’t had any issues not finding something in the new ribbon, not to mention that the “Script” tab no longer disappears which is much better

but you will be able to make your own tabs, so you should be able to rearrange the stuff that you need

a feature that would be used by 1% of users, in my opinion it would look bad since it’s too left aligned

crazy how only the ribbon part got released in the BETA and you are calling all the effort engineers spent on reworking and modernizing “shit”

just give it time, and if you have actual constructive feedback about what could be changed then post it here

6 Likes

Hopefully they make the new UI have the old layout :pray:

3 Likes

No clue where you got that from. If you’re gonna spend time explaining why the old ui is terrible and needs to go, use valid points. Not personal opinions (which you seem to be dissing everyone else for using)

2 Likes

did they revert the new studio home page? or is it just me

the old one is fine, i dont mind the new one, but i also want some toggle button that lets you go to the classic homepage

1 Like

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 Like