Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

Oh, yeah, that’s so cool! I swear I love this feature! It seems like the engineers spent a lot of time and testing it! it works so soft, omg I love it!

1 Like

Roblox finally realising they need to up their game :open_mouth:

1 Like

Please for the love of god let me collapse that…obese thing.

The ONLY saving grace you currently have is that up arrow. I have everything I need pinned to the topbar.

This has no up arrow. I much, MUUUCH prefer a small, high density toolbar over fat ribbons trying to hide everything in dropdown menus.

Also, the first time ya’ll forced the ribbon trash into studio it took me a month to get used to it. Might be my brand of 'tism but I’m VERY specific about my workflow and I DO NOT like it being screwed with AT ALL.

6 Likes

If you’d like to go deep into it, windows 10 and windows 7 are based around the same UI, just differently drawn window elements.
The platforms microsoft supplies for developers will be the same for most versions of windows from vista onwards.
In addition, people make mods & custom apps to change the way windows 10 looks and there is NOTHING wrong with seeking that developers of an app add an option to officially support older UI.

And like others said, different opinions exist. If you’re just inertly taking every single change a company does, that’s on you

1 Like

trying to be a like farm is so blatant here lmao

all you did was diss the engineers because you don’t like something

5 Likes

I personally think this is cool but it definitely has some issues

1. The option to open recently modified places by clicking “File” and then the experience you want was removed, which was very useful for me
  2. I personally think that the top bar is chunky, why couldn’t the Home/Model/Avatar/etc bar be combined with the File/Edit/Plugins bar?
  3. I tend to close things by clicking the icon that opens it, but here it just opens the thing again
  4. I personally think the bar with things like Select, Move, Scale, etc should be centered because the bar ontop of it is centered… it just looks inconsistent
  5. There’s too much padding between the buttons, and the Plugins section is honestly a mess compared to the old one because of this
  6. The topbar looks out of place compared to everything under it
    Again, this is a good update, but it most definitely needs some changes… I’ll stay with the old UI for now

this is because you only have one plugin with that name, I have two with the same name.

edit because I dont want to post another message: is there not a way to enable the built in tag editor plugin? I cant find it anywhere :slightly_frowning_face:

Just started using it. Absolutely amazing! Though I love it, I can’t seem to find the Undo/Redo buttons. I know there are keyboard shortcuts for Undo/Redo, but I really like just quickly moving my mouse up and clicking them. Is this going to be added, or am I just missing where they might be? Regardless, I LOVE THE NEW API!!! :smiley: Great job y’all! Have a blessed day

1 Like

Work is underway on the Explorer rewrite. We’re targeting a beta before the end of the year for that.

It’s still a bit too early to share the designs for that but we will be able to share the designs / progress soon, well before it’s released to beta.

14 Likes

Friendly reminder - you can give feedback without attacking the work of the devs. Same goes for above replies doing the same.

The team behind this have actually been quite communicative here on the DevForum and clearly care about this product. It will take time to integrate this - it’s a beta. Please don’t talk down to them, they are wonderful people and are ready to listen :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Because my day didn’t need further ruining…

Please, less padding, reduce the width taken by the “bar” where there’s play and where you can switch between the different toolbars.

3 Likes

Frustrated by essentials like Undo/Redo and Negate not showing up.

Otherwise, i love it.

3 Likes

Well right now there aren’t shortcuts in the main top bar, however you can click Edit and then the first two options are undo and redo.

1 Like

Scrapping the Quick Access Toolbar for an even more bloated ribbon bar is not the move. I want Studio’s UI to be as out of the way of the viewport as humanely possible, jacking the padding up and removing our ability to collapse the ribbon or store tools in a condensed toolbar is terrible for my workflow.

4 Likes

This new studio UI is crap being honest :joy: but it’s crap that I love :heart:

It’s amazing, and I prefer getting used to this one rather than sticking with the legacy version. I can see new designs coming soon, and that’s exciting! :heart:

2 Likes

Designers themselves said the new ui is not backwards compatible with the old ui as there are major code changes to the new one that the old one does not have.

4 Likes

I was just going to post about that, the new UI is wayyy too thick for my monitor and my studio camera port is now tiny, I always collapse it and now I cant.

1 Like

not completely related to this thread, but it would be nice if you could disable ctrl+a for services (especially workspace). the amount of times i accidently press this keycode and crash studio is crazy

1 Like

Ah ok, epic! thanks for the tip, I’ll check that out! :smiley:

1 Like

A couple of eagle eyed folks in the “New Studio UI” mega thread also picked up on the fact that this new UI has been implemented in Lua!

That’s me :sunglasses: