Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

Yes absolutely! The current Play/Test controls are really basic just so there was some way to test. The design team needed some time to work through how we can best combine Play Solo/Multiplayer/Team Test in the one persistent place. I think they’ve got a good plan and we’re working on it now.

2 Likes

So you guys gonna fix the layout and spacing of the buttons or you just gonna ignore the haters Paul

1 Like

Everyone clap your hands for the most unconstructive and terrible opinion given on a devforum thread meant to obtain feedback!

Close your browser immediately. I am not even going to address your claims or whatever, just close your browser. Or computer, or better yet remove your entire electric supply.

6 Likes

I have not seen a person incapable of going through the first messages of a devforum thread, for the love of god just read. Please. Go up and read what Paul has said about the current layout. The title itself even says Beta for the love of god.

:neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

1 Like

glazers gonna defend trash uis. go on i guess

4 Likes

Nice off-topic post without any arguments whatsoever. Go off I guess.

1 Like

They aint gonna hire you bro :sob:

4 Likes

I don’t know if a moderator is going to remove this message or not for being off-topic, but all ur doing is being unconstructive on a devforum thread meant to give feedback to the engineers, if you don’t want to contribute, leave bro. Twitter exists for this purpose, go and say “this UI sucks” there.

Because I’m sure complaining on twitter is gonna result in change

1 Like

what the hell did I just walk in on

I’m pretty sure Paul and the UI team are definitely going to listen to you guys too.

They aint gonna hire you bro :sob:

2 Likes

paul and the “UI team” looking at the devforum after pushing an update to studio that literally nobody asked for:
shrek-shrek-rizz

5 Likes

We will be doing a pass on the layout and spacing soon. I read everything I can so we are acutely aware of the feedback. :sweat_smile: I am not worried about adjusting the layout because we have a lot more freedom here thanks to Stylesheets and Luau UI.

The near term priority is on the functional side of things. Currently we’re working on Play/Test controls (a deceptively complex task) and rough first pass at custom tabs while still chipping away at a lot of architecture work.

11 Likes

I wonder why they can’t just admit that they made the buttons ginormous because they’re planning to pander to the mobile audience more, instead of trying to cope and tell us that it’s going to be more efficient to not have any quick operations at the top of the screen anymore.

2 Likes

Instead of discouraging the engineers, how about you give actual constructive criticism on how they could improve

5 Likes

The skeleton loaders in the Universal App are a bit dodgy in this regard: sometimes basic data like titles shows up then gets replaced with the skeleton loader again until the metadata has loaded.

For example the skeleton animation still being on top of already loaded images. That’s why some people might have uncertainties about how it will affect the perceived loading time, things un-loading definitely isn’t great

1 Like

glazers gonna defend outdated, buggy and ugly looking Qt uis even with the septendecillion reasons on why its a pain to keep. go on i guess

4 Likes

Use <mark>Text</mark>.
Also, you can use <del>Text</del> for this and <ins>Text</ins> for this.
I recommend to read this: Formatting options on the devforum that you should know!

4 Likes