Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

That’s not what I meant, each corners would have their own Udim value, just like in Figma or any other UI editing software, each corner can be rounded to a different value:

2 Likes

Oh! I meant that I think it should use one on Windows too. It very much does not have one at the moment :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You can still achieve a similar effect with CanvasGroup though.

Honestly the new UI looks not that good In my opinion, I personally like the 2019 UI. like the current Ui personally i think it was terrible enough when it frist came out. And I don’t see why do we even need the home, model avatar, Ui etc… tabs in the middle. I would complain more but I can’t even use studio because is crashing 24/7 :sob:

2 Likes

Soon - they said it’ll support custom tabs down the line!

The cake is a lie. Do not listen to its siren song.

1 Like

It does have one on windows 11 (i think?)

We’re talking about the ones on the plugin tab, there isn’t one there for me

That’s a native Qt component rendering a Win32 era drop shadow, so it’s not quite what I mean :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also, how come this is like the only UI element that doesnt have rounded corners? Its kinda odd since the buttons in the dropdown ARE rounded.

It has rounded corners on Windows, it seems that there a few differences between the windows and mac builds

This looks really bad, and removed some very handy features.

For example:
When selecting an experience to work on (in the Main Menu), i used to be able to select Recent Games, and would not have to go onto Finder and select the placefile from somewhere on my hard disk.
With the new Beta, I have to find the file manually, which is really annoying.

It seems really good, but Studio crashes with no error message when I enter any place with this enabled. Wish I could try it out.

2 Likes

No idea! I’ve only just been introduced to this new UI so I don’t entirely know how it works.

The new UI will take time to get used to, however I do appreciate the modernization.

If I recall correctly, didn’t the initial preview shown at RDC have a darker theme? Any chance we will get that? I really liked how it looked

Mine is also doing that, I have tried removing all of my plugins yet it still crashes. (removing plugins suggested by someone else)

1 Like

I don’t like how flat it is. There’s empty gaps in unexpected places, and removing borders is fine but atleast make it more compact, or else you’re wasting space.

Thought Put In : 8/10
Actual UI Design : 3/10

1 Like

The darker theme will come when it is fully released or most of the components are redesigned

1 Like

Finally the new thread is here! This will definitely be a better way of seeing the feedback.

A couple things that i want to mention here (even though they’re probably mentioned above) is that the new functionalities and menus are lacking in a lot of ways. For example, in team create i cannot save the place to a file. And some custom functionalities are still missing, but i am excited for the upcoming updates that will hopefully bring those into reality.

Thank you again!

1 Like

Looks hella cramped, i feel like the buttons are too small and the icons make it all look weird honestly.

Will we be able to keep using the current UI without being forced to use the new one?

1 Like

I don’t have alot to say, But I do believe it is an improvement. It looks clean and alot better than the current version in studio, but I do feel studio loses some of it’s identity, But I am worried about icon projects like vanilla.