Nexus Dynamics v2.0 | Sophisticated Admin Panel

🛒Creator Store | 📖 Documentation (Soon) | ⛳ Playground

An administrator system to grant developers control over their experiences without the need of Roblox Studio

‎

Terrain Editor

Terrain Editor allows you to edit terrain in-game as if in studio.

‎

Sun Editor

Sun Editor allows you to edit the position of the sun in-game like a few plugins.

‎ ‎

Manager

Adjust properties of services/instances with visual popups.

‎

Command bar

Write private commands that suggest/auto-fill for you.

‎

[1] - Insert file as a child of Workspace, ServerScriptService, or any location seen by the server.
[2] - Enable all options within game settings
[3] - Move admin tools within the Customs → Tools
‎

Learn how to add custom commands:

‎

Nexus Dynamics is licensed under the Mozilla Public License v2.0.

This system is available for use at no cost. However, proper credits to the original source is required—such as linking to the DevForum post or the official YouTube video. Additionally, any substantial modifications to the source must be open-sourced, in compliance with the licensing terms.

‎

Special thanks to all these wonderful people for helping Nexus Dynamics release!

@mark80912: testing prototypes and quality assurance
@zeyan200_gotdeleted / @ii_luka76: ensuring quality during beta versions
@boycool7065 / @moeny_Official / @majtimo45: assisting with beta-testing
@Roblox_Game1940: assisting in early access testing

45 Likes

Honestly, looks great! I may give this a try later, great job.

7 Likes

Definitely using this in my up coming game eternal frontiers. Love how modernized and functional the panel is!

7 Likes

Love the work you have done, Don! I also enjoyed the testing of Nexus, there were some funny moments.

3 Likes

Great Ui, Great functionality.

Only suggestion? Key bind bound Ui, the thing button at the top is quite annoying sometimes, especially when you have your own Ui your working with.

Besides that, probably one of the most solid Administration panels I’ve seen, and utility too!

3 Likes

It does have key binding M (Can change in settings)

However, we are going to add another setting to hide the topbar! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Also, this is just for modularity.

Add a version that is not loaded by a require(AssetID). I mean the actual module itself so the developer (Consumer) has to put everything in its own place.

That way we can take advantage of that and customize it.

Also it will be easier for you to get bug reports since can inspect components in studio mode.

3 Likes

We did this for early access but quickly reverted back to using loaders because the module creates extreme lag when starting/ending servers.

However, it’s open sourced so feel free to experiment and let me know!

2 Likes

best admin panel ever, its like cmdr and most modern admin panels combined but with 10x more features. highly recommend this. Few things I think should be changed about this:

3 Likes

Could you tell me why it creates extreme lag?

I’m really thinking of contributing and improving on whatever I can, such a good module and resource

(I’m saintimmor but an alt account, using my phone right now)

3 Likes

From what I could tell, the UI itself is constructed with 11k UI elements, everytime I move the ScreenGui it takes time. The entire panel is pre-designed unlike typical panels.

When we decide to add Themes, I do plan to reduce the number with script generating for things like UIStrokes, UICorners, etc.

2 Likes

That is not optimal at all.

Could i suggest loading in parts of UI elements as n needed?

For example:
When you press the button at the top, it opens a circular/radial menu. At this time only open the necessary UI elements and events for functionality, nothing else.

Once any of the buttons are interacted with, load said page but unload any others that are not being used.

It’s an extreme optimization for a UI, but with 11k elements it’s definitely looking like it’s necessary.

4 Likes

For things like UI corners and highlights, you can simply have a run service connection alongside something like trove.

When anything need a highlight, stroke or etc. just parent it to the currently interacted with UI elements.

Have prefixes for which ones, information getters and clean the trove for every task switch.

This would incredibly decrease the amount of small UI elements, even though it is a little difficult

3 Likes

That’s precisely what I had in-mind, I definitely do plan to go with this approach in the distant-future.

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll humbly admit I didn’t think of adding them from the start and reconsider my choices now that it’s finished.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No it’s totally okay, I’m thinking about making a utility for things like this since it would be very useful for games with a lot of UI

3 Likes

I went in with the usual skepticism on admin systems, but the attention to a beautiful and useful interface is simply put: impressive

I question the value of this really fleshed-out terrain & environment tooling, given that there’s no import/export feature. All changes would be temporary and lost on server closure. Being able to save changes and load them later on would open up a lot of use cases for these great tools.

It’s a great first start however. I haven’t read the code yet but as you mentioned having 11 thousand UI elements, are you considering implementing a framework like Fusion?

It would make your life a lot easier, especially with reusing components and theming. Would recommend to check it out!

3 Likes

I’ve tried to find a good optimized solution to import/export terrain but haven’t found one myself yet. Currently it’s just temporary for fun and experimenting with your maps like concept art.

I’ve not heard of Fusion and will give it a look, thanks for suggesting this framework! :grinning:

3 Likes

Fusion is so great, its like the Jesus of UI

Seriously , it has everything you need, packaged into a cute little module.

Look into a project that USED Fusion like NeoHotBar.

4 Likes

I appreciate the recommendation, but NeoHotbar’s codebase is pretty messy and outdated. If you’re looking for a quality reference, I’d rather point you to this:

3 Likes

My bad man ;( didn’t know any other resources using fusion.

Also GREAT resource, thank you!

3 Likes