No sharp image quality while making GUI

Hello DevForum!

I have a problem, I am making a game called Obstacle Mania. I want nice looking and also clean-looking GUI to give my game that cartoony feeling! I am not good with GUI and I am struggling with this problem for ages now

Every time when I upload images of high and low quality it’s not sharp and glitchy.
Like this example (I made it fast to show u guys). I used an image with 5000x5000 pixels, still unsharp.

Also in the second example, the main GUI that kinda looks nice is also unsharp. It’s really frustrating. Even if the icon is small, it stays unsharp.

I tried many things:

• Uploading images in higher quality
  • Making smaller buttons
  • Seeking topics on the Forum

But there where nothing that can help me out,
the only thing I know is that it’s not because of my hardware.

NOTE: On the images it is showing sharper then for me, in the Roblox Studio!

Please someone help me out, I would really appreciate it!

1 Like

The issue is caused by whatever compression Roblox is using. It has been reported before as a bug.

Do not attempt uploading too large images for what their purpose is. The more differently scaled the original image is, the more noticeable issues it’ll get. It also comes with a cost of memory.

I am still not quite sure what “sharp image quality” means in this context. There’s a lack of comparison.

1 Like

Roblox decals cap at 1024 x 1024. Personally I think that looks fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

@Operatik, Thanks for your fast answer.

I didn’t know there was a “Cap” or something, this would really help me out in my project!

@bogotesr

I will take a look :slight_smile: