No text displayed when creating TextLabel or TextButton with default Text

Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-04-09 22:04:00 (+01:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-04-10 01:04:00 (+01:00)

Reproduction Steps:
This happens whenever a TextLabel or TextButton is created and its Text property is not modified / left at its default.

Repro steps:

1. Open repro file textbug.rbxl (21.8 KB)
  2. Enter Play Solo

Alternative steps:

1. Open a blank baseplate in Studio
  2. Insert a ScreenGui into StarterGui
  3. Insert a TextLabel/TextButton into the ScreenGui using either Insert Object, the Plus button, or the UI ribbon bar buttons

Observe that in each of these cases, the inserted TextLabel/TextButton does not display any text.

Note that although these steps are performed in Studio, the issue reproduces in live games.

No Studio Beta features enabled
Studio Version 0.473.0.420291
Windows 10 64-bit

Expected Behavior:
The TextLabel or TextButton should display its default text, which is “Label” or “Button” respectively.

Actual Behavior:
The TextLabel or TextButton is inserted but does not display any Text.

Workaround:
Change the text to something else and then change it back.

17 Likes

Can confirm after the latest update of Roblox studio, this issue is still occurring. To add on to the information regarding this bug, once inserting the TextLabel or TextButton, no Text is displayed, even before entering Play Solo.

You can also turn the RichText property on and back off to fix this.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

This is also an issue that I’ve encountered. It is inhibiting some parts of my workflow and causing visual/accessibility issues within my games - looking towards the fix :eyes:

I can confirm that this is happening on Roblox Studio 0.474.0.420553 x64, with Windows 8.1 installed. Ever since I updated I’ve been having this issue.

Can confirm. Happening to me after the latest Roblox Studio update.

1 Like

I’m having a very similar issue and this seems to be the only bug report about anything like it. Sometimes when changing text stroke that uses RichText tags, the stroke color lags a frame behind. As @High_Eg0 mentions, turning RichText off and on again fixes the issue.

I haven’t managed to reproduce it as a standalone thing (only happens in a full game with lots of UI) so am replying here and adding onto the report instead of creating a new thread…

cc @Tiffblocks since I know you recently fixed some other RichText issues

EDIT: It seems that to fix the issue RichText must be toggled on the next frame, not the same frame

Hey everyone. Sorry for the late response here. Just checking back because this post got a lot of attention, is this still an issue? We think the issue should no longer be occurring.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.