Non Development Discussion Category

Theres already Lounge, but only for Regulars and above for any chat I am pretty sure. Also, Regulars is sadly closed. If there was a Non Dev discussion open to everyone, more people (specially non devs) would come to dev forum and rather than use the Non Dev discussion, sometimes they would flood other topics. Why not use discord instead?

example

title: “should i accept the trade?”
description: “hello developers! i’m currently playing adopt me, can you please pick two options between yes or no?”

That doesn’t concern developers so take it elsewhere. For questions like that, please ask friends or other players. If your topic is from a player’s perspective, it doesn’t affect developers and therefore shouldn’t be posted.

2 Likes

i know it’s useless, but nice writing :ok_hand:

Something of the sorts does exist for regulars- though normal users cannot access it until they finally resume promotions on the forum.

I support the idea of a private section you get into in similar ways like getting into a secondary/primary language forum (i.e. span/deutsch subforum.) I’d like to see this publically available to people who would like it and for others who see this place as some sort of ego-boost strict professional forum to not have access to it if they dislike the idea.

1 Like

I think it is pretty bold to assume that since users want to keep the forum a professional space for developers of all skill levels, they are egotistical.

I am not sure why people can’t just use Discord for this kind of thing. The dev forum FAQ even promotes unofficial community servers, the issue is that the FAQ and such are not easily discoverable, so if the dev forum made them more discoverable users can be redirected to the correct venues for casual (non-development) chat.

1 Like

Not everyone uses or wants to use discord.

Then that is their problem. I am not aware of any other platform that would be best for these types of discussions. Also discord is quite literally made for casual chat so i am not sure misusing other platforms is a great idea either.

1 Like

The Roblox Developer Forums is only to be used for development discussion only. Having a ‘non-development discussion’ category would contradict the Developer Forum’s purpose (not to mention, such a room would be a disaster).

If you’re suggesting something like the lounge, I’m afraid you’re going to have to wait until promotions to regular are resumed.

I am not sure what the lounge’s state is, please correct me if I have gotten any details wrong.

2 Likes

No worries, you summed it up pretty well with your first bit:

“Disaster” and “contradicting the forum’s purpose” are accurate.

1 Like

Discord is currently the best platform to do this. The closest platform would be the farthest off one: A forum made by a member of the community( I believe it has been done)

It’s called “Developer Forum” for a reason. It’s supposed to be about Roblox game development, not other random topics. Anything that isn’t about development belongs on another platform, like Discord, or maybe a Roblox-related forum if you can find one.

There is a #lounge section for regulars, but it isn’t used that much.