Noon / dusk / dawn / midnight skybox color and cloud color should be in sync and/or customizable

As a Roblox developer it is impossible to blend skybox clouds with the new dynamic Clouds feature.

This is because the moon color at night will reflect off of the dynamic clouds, but will not reflect on the skybox, which often contains its own clouds.

This results in disparity like this, that requires I tweak the cloud color as part of my day-night cycle, but the only way I can tweak it is towards the skybox color, which is not a simple process because of the way the moon color is projected onto the clouds.

• I must use a significantly more intense orange color in the example below to get the clouds to match the skybox.
  • Orange is not realistic given the moon color, but I cannot tweak the skybox color towards purple.

The color gradient that both clouds and the skybox use for time of day should be automatically derived from the sun/moon. Two separate customizable properties to override this automatic gradient should also be provided for developers that have even more outlandish worlds and need to fine-tune these colors.

If I have a skybox with blue skies and pink clouds, with a big purple planet in the night sky, I should be able to achieve attractive results at all times of day.

33 Likes