Not able to zoom using scroll wheel, or F to zoom on object

This recently started happening today, around 5:16PM PST. I use the scroll wheel to get to places faster, I press F on a selected object to zoom to it, but none of these work.

It only happens on 1 place for some reason, opening a new template or another place, it works all fine.

I have attempted overwriting the place with a new one with everything copied over, but not even that works. I made sure to disable plugins and relaunch after experiencing this, restarting my device, but nothing.

Downloading a local copy works for some reason though, but not in the actual place :
I sent the place link, the copy, bug files via DM:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/959825/

System info:

6 Likes

Downloading a local copy of ur place, and opening that local file, the F zoom works?
But if you overwrite the place with that copy stops working again?

1 Like

I once thought that the F hotkey broke when really I had accidentally unbound it in the hotkey settings. Can you check that F is still bound to zoom to?

2 Likes

The F key and scrolling still works in other places, I don’t think it is possible to set binds per place

The last two still work – however I want to use my scroll wheel.

1 Like

This has been posted before, here is a really old one from 2016: Keyboard shortcuts not working in Studio - #14 by matiss112233

So, this has been around before. It happens to me sometimes too. My keybinds just all randomly go away, I have to shutdown, and restart my pc for them to work again.

Since this happens randomly, I am unable to give a repro. I’ll just have been sitting afk in studio, then I come back and I can’t move or use any keybinds.

(I did say that I could move in the other thread but that has changed since like the last 10 days when it happens, I just can’t do anything. I know studio is not frozen because I can still add stuff in explorer and open scripts, I just can’t do any movement or use any keybinds to move.)

2 Likes

Delete Camera in workspace

90 Likes

I ended up fixing this by making a new game and putting all the stuff into its place and it works fine. Still seems like a bad bug especially if you can’t just make a new game for some reason.

1 Like

this happened to me everytime when i use team create, am using rojo now

1 Like

As per the authors last post, This issue should now be resolved!.

2 Likes

This is happening for me right now actually. I can use zoom in (Crtl+=) and zoom out (Crtl±) but not zoom to (F). I can’t scroll either. I haven’t been able to recreate it at all and it happens randomly. This is really frustrating for me as I have a huge map where zoom to is necessary. This happens on different places where it works sometimes and it doesn’t.

2 Likes

After a bit of testing with the camera, I believe that when you set the camera in workspace to custom your not allowed to zoom to anymore. Was this intended? I’ve fixed the issue by setting the CameraType to fixed.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.