Notched screen support shows top bar button selection on the entire screen in VR

Device: Oculus 2 (running on windows 11 desktop, connected via quest link)
Started occurring: When we upgraded to the new notched screen support

Replication steps:

• Create a UI and configure the properties as such.

• Sizes of the ui and the elements inside

• Join the game in VR (running the game on PC but using quest link to connect to VR headset) and try to click under the top bar in the CoreUISafeArea region. The pointer will select the box for the top bar anywhere under the top bar itself, and activate the button unintentionally.
    https://youtu.be/jEeWnUueZQg (video of issue). It also does not allow me to select buttons in the top bar region.

4 Likes

I would also like to add, a recent update has forced the blur effect to appear in front of the ui rather than behind it.

1 Like

@Focia19 hi, sorry to disturb. Its been about 2 weeks, any update on this?

I don’t have any, unfortunately!

The ticket is assigned to an engineer, and you can see it yourself from the bug report here!
He will reply here when he has updates regarding the issue!

Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

Almost been 2 months on this, and all VR players STILL cannot play our game since the top bar is broken.

@thirdtakeonit hi this has been a very big problem for us for several months and there is still no help from this. Getting very frustrated and so are our players.

Hi @DanBuildsTrains thanks for reporting this! Would you be able to provide a link to this game or share a repro placefile (you can send a private message if needed)? Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I am not going to lie, it has been an extremely frustrating time with a lack of update or response from this, and our game has still been experiencing this critical bug for almost a year now.

Regardless, I am very happy its finally able to be looked into in order to resolve.

Here is the link to our game. Using quest 2 via the native roblox app, or questlink causes the issues described in the original post.

1 Like

Thanks for the link! Sorry to hear that the lack of update was frustrating!

If you need an immediate workaround, I would recommend trying ScreenInsets=DeviceSafeInsets
instead of TopbarSafeInsets, since that seems to be causing the issue.

1 Like

Any update on this?

Also, last month I noticed that I had the new experience ui for about a week, then it reverted to the old one and its been this way since. What is going on with this? I wish it would stay the new design. We have designed it a while ago and have been patiently waiting for it to fully implement.

Hi @DanBuildsTrains the fix for this should be available in 2-3 weeks!
As for the top bar, I believe the new top bar style was a temporary A/B test. But it should roll out eventually! For more details you can ask in this thread: Updated In Experience Controls on Roblox

1 Like

Thank you! Much appreciated.

By any chance, was the issue with the topbar in VR due to having a scrolling frame inside of the topbar inset vs a normal frame?

We did this because very low res devices would have the topbar extend outside of the screen when expanded. Adding the scrolling frame allowed users to worse-case-scenario drag the button of their choice back into the screen.

No, there were no issues with your UI! The bug was on our end, we were stretching the TopBar content to the size of the entire ScreenGui and then using that for raycasting user input on VR. So that’s why the button in the top bar was clickable anywhere below its position.

2 Likes

Hi @DanBuildsTrains this bug should be fixed now! If you have a moment, could you please verify it is fixed for you? Thanks!

1 Like

Just tried it today! Works perfect! Only thing is I think the display order doesn’t display correctly. We have a vignette frame and it overlaps the other ui elements only on VR. I will need to double check and get back with you on if this is set up correctly on our end.

1 Like