Notice about RDC 2020

This decision was a really safe move here! Thank you so much!

5 Likes

Good choice you’ve made to take safety precautions, but where and how will you do it digitally? :wut:

9 Likes

Aw dahm, I knew this was going to happen. :disappointed_relieved: I saw this coming. I’m very disappointed that I won’t be able to see lots of talented developers and online friends this year. :sob: But I do think this was the right choice to make. This is for everyone’s safety and I do want everyone to be safe. Of course, health comes first! Dang, COVID-19 really ruining lots of things. :frowning: Thank you for keeping us updated about this! Until RDC 2021 then! I hope everyone stays safe!

13 Likes

Great Idea! Really Good to see that you did not cancel it ! Hope the digital one goes well!

Also Keep Safe Guys :heart:

6 Likes

Finally. I’ve been looking forward to this response. It’s a shame that we can’t go to RDC this year but we also have to remember that there is a dangerous pandemic as of right now.

I’m looking forward for next year!

9 Likes

It is sad to see this event get canceled but it is definitely necessary given the current situation with COVID-19. However, I do wonder if there will still be some form of swag bags, either virtually or shipped directly to developers. (probably unlikely for the latter :frowning_face:).

7 Likes

Guys look on the bright side. We have had 100%, total serious negotiations with @Beartikal on the dev forum discord. We are trying to rent out the top two floor of Hilton Hotels for RDC gamers only. Then we can all do all nighters and if they add temporary VR support we can do it in VR.

There is no flaw in this plan its perfect.

We can even rent out Frappe for the after party!!

25 Likes

This is the best decision to make as everyone’s safety is a priority during this pandemic.
Thank you for the information, I hope we get more details about the online presentation of RDC before the summer.

13 Likes

Heck yeah! When will we start? :joy:

5 Likes

I loved RDC it’s a shame it’s not in irl but I wish all the staff my wishes!

Just a idea you should make this event invite only or charge robux for it for a seat!

3 Likes

The question… When won’t it start :eyes:

1 Like

While it is extremely unfortunate that this had to be done, it is obviously the wisest option to take. RDC is an incredible event to participate and sadly this year we will not have the option to meet personally… However, one of the main objectives of RDC is to gather developers together, showcasing achievements and presenting future plans. This won’t be changed by going full-virtual; in fact, will probably make it easier for more developers to join in!

It will be interesting to see how this will unfold, but I’m hopeful that it will all go smoothly.

7 Likes

The real question: Will there be a game jam? It would be awesome to have an official one, hosted by Roblox staff!

8 Likes

Press F for the respect :pray::pensive:

We’ll met you next years

6 Likes

RDC Underground 2020, let’s all meet up in a desert and just make a big long line of handshakes t hat gets back to the first person in the chain and continues for multiple rotations.

12 Likes

How long did it take ROBLOX to finally realize that this year’s RDC was going to get cancelled?

There are governors right now banning the amount of people in one space.

Example : Coronavirus: SF Bans Large Group Events, Including Warriors, Giants Games – NBC Bay Area

:eyes:

6 Likes

This might be the safest decision ever due to the COVID-19 pandemic happening today.

I hope this “Digital” event could be good. :grinning:

4 Likes

How will you guys host this digitally? I’m really interested.

4 Likes

Oh boy. So, is this event available to the public, or?..

4 Likes

What a shame, was looking forward to seeing everyone again!

3 Likes