Notice about RDC 2020

I think it will most likely be a white list of names that were invited and have registered. I dont think the process would change.

1 Like

I’m guessing they did not want to make a premature decision as the event is July about 5 months from now.

Very nice to hear that Roblox has concerns for our health, as it is truly important! Question: As it is online, will anyone be allowed to attend RDC? :mask:

Edit: Does this maybe have an correlation to the first live Bloxy’s on Roblox? Could the RDC maybe be held on the Roblox platform?

2 Likes

Will there be any more waves of invites/will there still be a invite application like last year?

2 Likes

Maybe a voice chat demo along with it?

1 Like

That’s a big rip to anyone who wanted to go

2 Likes

Good job on Roblox’s end to making this fully virtual to help contain the spread of Covid-19 and having their top priority being user safety. Like many others have said though how will this work?

1 Like

So… Does this mean its still exclusive to the people who got invited and bought tickets like myself, or does it mean anyone can go? If anyone can participate in the virtual RDC, then that destroys the whole point of RDC being invite only and for specific people…

4 Likes

Aww that sucks I was looking forward to meeting up with some friends there but I’m a super lazy and awkward person so I can do a fully digital RDC 2020 thanks for the update!

2 Likes

Dang what a bummer. Still, thank your for considering the safety of your users. Love you guys

5 Likes

Glad-ish to hear this! Few questions:

• Will this be like bloxys where we can watch it in a game?
  • Can everyone see it?

At least we still have RDC and it wasn’t entirely cancelled!

4 Likes

I expected this decision coming forth. I am glad that ROBLOX is focusing on the community’s own health while also progressing RDC.

This is not what I expected to see here but I’m all for it !!

2 Likes

Definitely not gonna be able to ship items. But maybe Roblox can have like a passport system where if you attend enough of the conference you get like a RDC hat

2 Likes

Ah, I am extremely happy about this. People will stay safe, and will be able to attend! Thank you Roblox!

3 Likes

Aw man!

People who got invited to this event would still have a decent time, just on a digital screen… Not the same at all.

I feel really bad for the people who were planning on travel for this event yet now have to not. Hopefully they still have fun!

5 Likes

has the amount already been refunded? the wording in the original post reads like it will be, but hasn’t yet.

5 Likes

If you were not invited, will the online RDC be public? And if not, will there be a way to apply for/obtain an invite?

6 Likes

Pretty disappointed that it got cancelled due to this whole coronavirus pandemic, but the safety of all the developers and others is most important. Thank you for taking safety first, Roblox.

Edit: Didn’t mean to reply to coefficients reply, I meant to reply to the original post. Sorry about that.

4 Likes

I’m not surprised by this response, and I think it is the best course of action considering the circumstances. I’m sure Roblox will keep the community at large in mind when deciding what to do about game jam, various classes, and such. They’ve been g-r-e-a-t at being considerate of our needs and striving to meet them. Yes, I’m sad that we won’t be able to attend in person, but grateful that we have a gaming community that puts the needs of others first! :heart:

5 Likes