Notice: Review of Recent Off-Platform Behavior

HOW IN THE WORLD WOULD A KID FIND OUT ABOUT THE NFT IF THEY JUST PLAY PET SIM X??? Please tell me

2 Likes

That would be completely unfair, Big Games got the game big, therefor they can showcase it

1 Like

I don’t care much for NFTs either. I just want to make it clear what they have done is OK.

1 Like

Might dont make cotton toys expensive. Sell it at a fixed price. Roblox can add it in tos

1 Like

But it isn’t. Off-site transactions in exchange for in game goods are not enforceable on Roblox’s part, which is why this is literally defined as scamming in the Community Standards. Roblox cannot ensure people deliver on what they have sold beyond official channels. Big developers are no exemption to the rules.

6 Likes

Using your computer was probably a bad analogy but my point is that people are hypocritical when to comes to environmental issues for example NFTs, I don’t like NFTs and I think it is stupid, but when people say it is “environmentally unfriendly” and don’t say the same thing to the meat industry, which is like 17x worse, and still eat it almost everyday, I just find it completely ridiculous to say one thing is bad because we hate it but completely ignore other thing that arguably worser.

2 Likes

You act as if Roblox cares about ensuring that people received what they paid for. This is to ensure that they don’t lose money. It is quite amusing considering the lawsuit Epic vs Apple. I guarantee you that these larger developers will end up battling it out with Roblox at some point and Roblox will have to accept it.

It is a Player’s choice to purchase in-game goods from a developer, using whatever method the Developer deems fit. It is the responsibility of the Developer to provide those goods to its buyer. Anyone who has a debit card or bank account should know how to report fraudulent activity to their bank.

Roblox limiting the growth of the Developers on their platform for their own personal gain is pathetic and needs to change. This is what makes options like Core on Epic so appealing. I guess we’ll see what happens.

I’m not really impacted. I have shares in Roblox and are doing okay.

Stop supporting the developers of Pet Sim. They are in the wrong.
NFTs are NOT meant for a kids’ game.
They could’ve easily found out on YouTube or game title

2 Likes

What is difference between merch and NFT.

This is irrelevent?
They’re two different things…

In Merch they also sell soft toys as same as NFT.

Not quite, NFTs are non fungible tokens, and sell audios, pictures, videos.
They don’t sell soft toys.
You need to research about this topic before posting.

1 Like

Big games are also selling toys for nft

It’s been like 2 months now, are we allowed to sell NFTs for in-game things or not?

You’ve never been able to, you probably never will be able to.

Are the pet sim devs/game still up and accepting players?

Yes, of course. Roblox doesn’t have the will to take down their top games, even if they’ve violated the ToS multiple times.

2 Likes

Oh dang, I guess the big guys are kinda exempt from all rules just like in real life.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.