Notice: Review of Recent Off-Platform Behavior

They most likely didn’t want to draw more negative attention/hate to the developer, which is why they kept him anonymous and didn’t state the specific details of the situation.

2 Likes

While I see the logic of your statement that this developer should be held accountable, it is unfair and quite frankly, inappropriate for (members of) a company to make an example of someone which will most likely draw even MORE negative attention to the person involved in this. I am in no way defending the actions of Preston, what he did is morally wrong and broke Roblox ToS. I get it, BIG Games screwed up but the guy is already getting attacked on twitter because of it, some people even going as far as faking tweets of Preston saying RACIAL SLURS. I don’t believe Roblox will ever or should acknowledge this publicly because it will just draw much more negative attention to the BIG Games and Roblox themselves.

1 Like

Glad to see this being reviewed. I’m against the idea of NFTs personally.

Sorry for the confusion. I agree and do not want more negative publicity drawn to the person, which is why I did not name them. I simply want this user to have the Terms Of Service held against them properly and fairly. The statement staff have currently put out seems like an attempt to address the situation without doing much of anything at all, which is why I’m hoping to look forward to an official statement of a more proper repercussion.

2 Likes

The user in question is giving in-game items to the NFT owners. That’s the driving factor behind all this drama.

1 Like

Thank you very much for indirectly addressing the NFT situation. Verily this is the best decision you could have made in order to avoid the bashing comments of the Roblox community.

I briefly want to mention how amazing Roblox’s community presence has been over the past few months, first with the outage and now this (and I thought Roblox wasn’t going to mention this incident at all!).

I hope this comes to an agreement without account terminations or anything like that; Lessons will be learned and compromises will be created.

Keep up the great work, Roblox!

3 Likes

Pet Simulator probably won’t be content deleted, but Roblox might inflict some kind of punishment onto the BIG Games team. There isn’t a whole ton they could do that wouldn’t affect the players, the players aren’t at fault it’s the developers, so they shouldn’t be involved in whatever the punishment would be. If Roblox punishes the BIG Games team, they’d probably ask them to stop with the NFT business and charge them with a large robux fee.

1 Like

I’m not very satisfied with a resolution like this; does this mean exceptions such for NFTs will be made? Or, what does it mean?

An NFT exception creates a real grey area for malicious intent, and I don’t think a policy review is what is needed here. I would look further with an experience review.

5 Likes

Might I tell you 1 Transaction of an NFT has carbon emissions of 211 KgCo2 which is equivalent to driving 1,000 km using petrol gas (which by the way is this long ) image

which is comparable to Mozambique’s carbon emissions (AN ENTIRE COUNTRY)
of 230 KgCo2 per Capita (2018)

9 Likes

did you just screenshot my NFT Unicorn pet only 12 in the world? Delete that photo right now.

On a more serious note, this is great.
No idea how they thought this would be a good idea.
Hope full moderator action is taken, no terminations but some 7 day bans.
It seriously cant come to mind “Why dont we break the TOS which has been stated before many past times that you are not in anyway shape or form allowed to have offsite payment methods and or payment in money?”

I think some restrictions should be loosend when it comes to offsite things, maybe a moderator would have to check it out and ONLY for the big developers (i.e DreamCraft owners of adopt me.)

Yes, I got the gist from the comments. Your reply didn’t add any addition to my reply or the original comment, this NFT simply gave a cosmetic, no pay-to-win factor in cosmetics.

The question is though; how good of a compromise would it have to be to be reasonable? It wouldn’t sit well with me if BIG Games just gets a slap on the wrist after making so much money from selling NFTs and including in-game perks with them.

Just thinking of them while talking about this gives me chills. It would probably be even worse if Adopt Me were to get into the NFT craze, due to them being one of the biggest games on the platform.

3 Likes

I hope these external transactions are not accepted (apart from merchandasing)

This takes a little away from the idea of having items within Roblox experiences, it’s not the idea in my point of view…

2 Likes

Wasn’t saying “we should allow them to have NFTS” im saying they should be able to have their own websites for like, trading or whatever.

1 Like

Why do I have a small feeling they’ll change their policy and Pet Sim won’t be in trouble

2 Likes

I feel like actions should be taken to prevent actions from happening like this again,

The developers take advantage of vulnerable children who don’t have fully developed prefrontal cortexes leading them not to be able to make proper decisions on their own,

While I don’t believe Pet Simulator X should be taken off the platform as It has over 1b visits and thousands upon thousands have spent money on the game,

I believe actions should be taken to refund anyone who spent money on those offsite purchases from the actual developers themselves and that new rules should be enforced to prevent the actions of which they did.

3 Likes

uh oh moment o_o
time for cancel culture to destroy big games

This is inaccurate. Yes, most NFT’s do currently have high gas prices(because they are built on the Ethereum blockchain), but the proof of work system used by Ethereum is outdated and set to be replaced with proof of stake which is to a much less detriment on the environment. Proof of work has no place in the future of crypto.

Is this about new verification as well as NFTs?