Notify+ Module RELEASE!

Notify+ is an open sourced Roblox module made by me, which can be useful in games for notifying players in the game.

Here are some images of the module in action!

image - Default color scheme of the notification GUI

image - Customized color scheme of the notification GUI

Notify+ can be extremely useful in games to notify people about upcoming events or just generally warning them for breaking rules etc. This module is also highly customizable and can be fully modified whenever you want. However, this module is still in Alpha stages and will have bugs and lack of features; More features will be added in the future and bug fixes will be made.

STEP 1:

Get the ModuleScript using this link (You have to get the model, you cannot require it since it has UI objects in it.)

https://www.roblox.com/library/5931324533/Notify-Module-V0-1

STEP 2:

Go to Roblox Studio, go to the My Models tab from Toolbox and click on the module. Once inserted into the game, move the Module to ReplicatedStorage.

STEP 3:

Add a script into ServerScriptService (This module is designed to work Server Sided)

Now, there are two options you can choose:

• :CreatePlayerNotification()
  • :CreateServerNotification()

:CreatePlayerNotification()

This option is to show notification to a SPECIFIC player. There is only one argument to pass, settingsTable (refer to example for format)

Example:

local ServerModule = require(game.ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("NotificationModule"))

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
local settingsTable = {
	BackgroundColor = Color3.fromRGB(0,0,0);
	TextColor = Color3.fromRGB(255,255,255);
	Text = "Welcome to my game!";
	Duration = 10;
	Player = plr; 
}
	wait(5)
	ServerModule:CreatePlayerNotification(settingsTable)
end)

:CreateServerNotification()

This option is to show the notification to all of the players in the server/game. There is only one argument to pass , settingsTable (refer example for format)

local ServerModule = require(game.ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("NotificationModule"))
local settingsTable = {
	BackgroundColor = Color3.fromRGB(0,0,0);
	TextColor = Color3.fromRGB(255,255,255);
	Text = "Event Tomorrow!";
	Duration = 10;
	Player = nil; -- Not required for ServerNotifications
}
wait(5)
ServerModule:CreateServerNotification(settingsTable)

If you need help or you found a bug, please do let me know by replying to this post. I will reply as soon as I see you comment

Source Codes:

Pastebin: Notify+ Source Code - Pastebin.com

UPDATE 8th November 2020

• The UI now fits all kinds of devices!
  • Just need to pass 1 argument, the settingsTable which contains all of the settings.

NOTE: Positive and Constructive feedbacks are accepted by me. Let me know what you think about my module and how I can improve it further!

Have a Fantastic Day! :slight_smile:

16 Likes

This is actually really cool! Awesome creation!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Hope this helped you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nifty module, it’s something short but sweet.

Onto some feedback, it might be worth moving both the Text and Duration to the SettingsTable - this would be more straightforward and prevent users of the library from forgetting which way to pass the 2 arguments.

5 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, I will be adding Text and Duration to the settingsTable in the next update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It nice but could you make it a little more modern then like 2015 star wars clans :grinning:

2 Likes

AWESOME> gonna use it for my event

2 Likes

If this is still being updated a suggestions would be notifications instead of stacking so theres 20 notifications in 1 spot, they “scroll” up.

2 Likes