NPC Humanoid's movement laggy when coordinates higher than 2000

When I put a default humanoid at a position higher than 2000 in any coordinates and tell it to :Move() in any direction the movement is stuttering/laggy when played in Studio and as a normal game. If I disable network ownership this movement stays stuttering/lagging however with network ownership set to default when the player takes over ownership of the NPC the movement does smooth out.

Here is a test place you can download to see the lag: Laggy Dude - Roblox

Expected behavior

I would expect the movement lag of the NPC to be unaffected by their coordinates (within reason).

6 Likes

Hi! Thanks for letting us know about this. Could you please attach an rbxl file for your Laggy Dude experience so we can tests this in studio? Thanks!

2 Likes

I think you have forgotten to make this uncopylocked; you can do that by going into the place, and turning on Allow users to download a copy of this Place

1 Like

Disregard, I was able to download the experience and I’m seeing the lag that you mentioned. I’ll route this to the correct team and follow up here!

2 Likes

Looks like this has been resolved with the latest version of studio, can you please confirm that this looks fixed on your end?

Thanks

On Studio version 0.608.1.6080485 the issue still seems to occur

1 Like

Thanks, I was running in local simulation mode, still looks broken if I play the experience. I’ll follow up with my team.

I was able to dig more into this, it seems like there’s a bug in replicating the NPC’s position back to the client. In studio, if you switch to “Server” view on the “Test” tab while the experience is running, you can see that the NPC position updates smoothly. I’m working with the networking team to determine why this is occurring.

1 Like

Great repro, thanks and apologies for the delay! We had a bug in our “we already sent this position update” in physics code for objects that were more than a few thousand studs from the origin.

I can get a quick fix in for this probably by end of week, but it will have to go through the full QA Process, so it will take a few weeks to get it out to production.

2 Likes

This should be fixed in release 614 once this change goes live

Aye, this should be enabled now. Please let me know if you can still reproduce this issue, but my tests show success.