Obby/Obstacle Course Generator: Create an Obby in just 2 clicks!

Obby/Obstacle Course Generator

Create fun games in just 2 clicks!

Last updated: 2023-09-10T04:00:00Z

Changelog

More code cleanup
NEW PAGE: Additional Settings
Moved Destroy Starting Part to Additional Settings
Added DataStore Support! Save the players level so when they rejoin they do not lose their progress!
Added Player Death Tracking! Track when players die and display it on the leaderboard!
General Bug Fixes

Description

Ever wanted to create an Obby game but don’t want to spend the time making it?

Well with this plugin in 2 clicks you can have your own uniquely created Obstacle Course!

Select a starting part and then click Generate Course and you’ll have an Obby in the matter of seconds!

Being able to select your own Seed and Level count allow for endless possiblities and most importantly keep your game fresh and unique from others using the plugin!

Priced at 100 Robux, the lowest Roblox allowed me to.

Demonstration

If you would like to purchase it, you may do so here

If you have any suggestions to add please don’t hesitate to reply or reach out on Twitter

Thank you!

Rating

0 voters

40 Likes

I like it, how many level templates are there tho? I just wanna understand how repetitive it can get

5 Likes

Thank you for your feedback!

There are about 20 different pieces ranging from different corners, pieces that scale upwards, and pieces that are straight, with more coming in the very near future!

Using a seed that can be user generated or automatically generated by a random within the plugin yields many different possibilities, I just couldn’t count them! lol

From all of the tests I’ve done throughout development, I’m yet to see any duplicating patterns!

Hope this helps!

7 Likes

Looks great! Excited to see what additions you decide to make to it in the future.

Built-in DataStore functionality would be pretty neat!

4 Likes

Hello! Thanks for your feedback!

I appreciate the kind words :smiley:

Yes! That’s a feature that’s definitely on the list! I hope you can stay tuned for it!

Hope this helps!

5 Likes

I like plugins like this because you can build a game in 2 clicks. You did a great job with creating the plugin I must say. I also like the price of only 100 Robux. Great work!

4 Likes

Do the parts that you have to cross that some have collision off (idk if you know what I am talking about but if so) are the collisions also randomly generated? (First obstacle you encouraged in the video)

4 Likes

Hello!

Thank you so much for the feedback! It means the world to me to see people enjoying something I created!

I wanted to price it lower, but Roblox wouldn’t allow me to, but I’m glad everyone is okay with the price!

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Hello!

I’m not exactly sure what you’re saying, but there will never be any overlapping collisions as all the levels have padding in between the level content and the bounds of the level.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Nono that’s not what I meant, I meant will there be randomized patterns for the first obstacle that makes it so 2/3 paths make you fall.

1 Like

Hello,

Oh I get it now, Yes! they are randomly chosen at runtime!

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Alright! Thanks for letting me know! Might check this out!

2 Likes

Nice job making this! Was this inspired by a similar plugin that costed 25k robux?

Feature suggestion: Custom Level Templates. Giving developers the ability to add their own level types would be nice for people who like customization and want their obby to be harder than what was shown in the video.

2 Likes

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback :smile:

Yes, some inspiration was drawn from the plugin you mentioned, I decided to make my own and price it at a cost I thought was fair for everyone.

As for your feature suggestion, that was heavily thought of throughout development, I still haven’t decided on how I will go about implementing that, but it’s definitely at the top of my priority list! There would have to be certain guidelines each level template must follow, but I would love to have this feature out by the end of the year.

As of right now, I am working on implementing additional settings such as DataStore integration as mentioned by @syntheticsero, I hope you and others will come to love this feature and many more coming very soon!

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Only 100 ROBUX? I’d sell it for 250 if I were you. (And that’s coming from a guy who advocates for reasonable prices)

5 Likes

Hello!

Thank you for the kind words! :smile:

The price was sort of a baseline, I wanted to see the reception the plugin would get and then maybe I would consider raising the price in the future. I wanted it to be something that is fair for everyone, but as I continue to add more features, I may consider a price change.

Thanks again for the kind words and feedback! :smiley:

2 Likes

this is really cool, it reminds me of something I created that generates an obby individual piece by piece, doesn’t look quite as good, but it includes a feature where you can get a code for the currently loaded obby, since it doesn’t use a seed due to it originally to be included in a obby building game experience.

I’ve since stopped said project, but it could be cool if something like that could be included as well, just with basic things like kill bricks, checkpoints, speedups/slowdowns, and slide parts.

Just a thought of course overall, pretty good

2 Likes

Here is another suggestion: I think it would be cool if this were made into a script. You could have a button for it in the plugin’s GUI to insert a script that generates a random obby every time you join/die. Something along the lines of that.
HYPOTHETICAL CODE EXAMPLE BELOW:

5 Likes

one way to accomplish this better would be to also have a module that you can require and what not, since plugins don’t work outside of studio

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I suggested it be made into a script. I’m not good with modules, but I’m fairly-certain it wouldn’t be too hard to use module functions to set the seed and stage amount and such.

local obbymodule = require(game.ServerStorage.ObbyGenerator)
obbymodule.generate(1, 378685924)

“1” being the stage number, “378685924” being the seed.

3 Likes