Obby/Obstacle Course Generator: Create an Obby in just 2 clicks!

Another suggestion I might suggest which isn’t necessary but would make this a really cool plugin, would maybe be theming or color scheming?

1 Like

You mean like customizing the background and colours of the plugin window?

2 Likes

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it :smile:

What you suggested sounds like Super Mario Maker, I like it, I may consider it :smiley:

You should continue that project! That sounds like fun, you have my play!

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hello!

I like that idea, though that would put most of the plugins source code visible to the user :slightly_frowning_face:

I like the idea and I may do it sometime in the future!

Thank you!

2 Likes

What are the chances someone is ACTUALLY going to steal the code?

Oh, wait, I’ve just realized…People who buy the plugin can see its source code with BTROBLOX and even download an RBXM of the plugin…

Fair point, I shall consider it.

3 Likes

Nono, like changing the parts to be a custom scheme maybe in settings, but that’s not really a priority feature, I think it would benefit more with more level customization, and the ability to customize where we want players to die immediately on fall since that can actually mess up some obbys.

2 Likes

You can only get the source code from BTRoblox if you own the plugin, I was worried for a sec lol but that shouldn’t be an issue since you bought access to it, you can’t really do more than what the plugin asked since you bought all the features.

2 Likes

I love that, that will definitely come with the Custom Levels update (scheduled for hopefully end of year :smiley: )

I will have a detailed guide along side this update on how parts should be configured for example each Level should contain Attachments for where the Level starts and ends, this will all be explained very thoroughly when the update comes around.

And as your feature suggests, I could definitely fit custom colors in somewhere, but this will all be announced in due time!

As of right now I am working on the DataStore update, I think its pretty much 100% ready to go, but I want to do some extensive testing before pushing it, I do not want anything to break in production.

Next I want to implement more pieces so the obby looks more crazy and goes in different directions, I think that will add A LOT of personality to it!

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Yeah, I think you should first focus on creating more obstacles, THEN work on module implementation.

1 Like

I kinda have to agree unfortunately

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback!

I’ll have some new pieces out soon, just came down with a cold and finally starting to overcome it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Can you make any API to be able to generate a lobby

Hello!

What do you mean? Could you please elaborate more?

Thank you!

1 Like

I believe that they are asking that if one of the pick a path stages show, will the bad/good paths be generated randomly, rather than them being static each time.

Example
Lets say we have a pick a path with 3 options, red, green, yellow

red is picked, green and yellow are bad

next time the obstacle comes does it switch it

say this time it makes green the correct choice, red and yellow are bad.

1 Like

Hello

Can you create a module script for generating those obbyes through a script.

Example:

local Module = require(game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").Module)

local obby = Module:Generate(100, workspace.Start)

1 Like

Hello!

Yes I believe that’s what they meant, it is 100% randomized at runtime!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback!

I could, but the GUI version is simpler and easier, plus I wouldn’t see a reason a module script version is needed.

Maybe if more people request it!

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Whens the next update?

For some reason all the scripts broke within the levels, I havent added anything, just used the plugin. Is it broken?

Hello!

It broke? That’s not good, I haven’t had any problems, have you tried regenerating?

If not please let me know, I’ll try to dive deeper into the problem, I may require a place file to look into it further.

The next update is really soon, I did change a few of the scripts in the silent update 2 weeks ago, it may have conflicting errors now, I tried to check all the use cases, but some may have slipped.

Try regenerating and let me know!

Thank you!

1 Like