"observableValue undefined" warning in output window

Started occurring after today’s Studio update. Happens during play test when the client calls StarterGui::SetCore or SetCoreGuiEnabled. I’m able to replicate on play solo and local server but only on the client side (for reasons)

screenshots:

Certainly a low priority issue but I saw some confusion about it posted earlier, which leads me to believe it’s not platform specific to macbooks. Doesn’t seem to be a cause or symptom of any other issue either, but I’d imagine the warning is there for a reason.

Expected behavior

observableValue is defined and we never hear about it again

Expected result

define observableValue / fix the underlying code or remove the warning if it’s not actually needed

52 Likes

That happens for me as well when disabling the health flash.

Also I’m on Windows so I can confirm it is not platform specific.

5 Likes

also seems to reproduce as you either press esc (roblox menu), or shift + p (dev freecam)
honestly a weird issue

9 Likes
6 Likes

Im getting this also, while working on a Player:Added set of loader code.

4 Likes

Getting this as well

6 Likes

Bug has been zapped on our end! Should not cause any actual issues in the meantime, you can safely ignore this warning until fix is live.

26 Likes

FYI: the bug is tied to the Updated Roblox Controls Studio Beta, so you can turn that off if you’re in need of an immediate fix. This also means that the bug should be studio-only, so it won’t be an issue at all for your players. If you do happen to see the error show up outside of studio, please let us know!

17 Likes

Any ETA for when it’ll be live? Thanks for the quick fix + explanation :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am not sure, but this is outside of Studio.

While Studio was open :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

You edit your flags manually, right? @QuirkySquid said that with the assumption that no one has the new topbar UI rolled out to them (which is the case right now, unless you manually edit your flags). If you edit your flags you should expect to see this kind of behavior, these features are not intended for public use yet.

2 Likes

oh oops the Chrome UI is part of the Updated Controls…

While I was thinking about

I enable the Chrome UI because Roblox stopped the AB test for it :person_shrugging:

Without the Chrome UI I get brought back to the Mic Icon above the head.

3 Likes

Confusion is understandable, we call the new UI “New Experience Controls”, “Chrome”, “Updated Roblox Controls”, and “Unibar” across different places, lol

In any case, yes, the AB test has ended— though keen viewers may have noticed its return in the opening keynote at RDC this morning :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick rundown!

:frowning: this bugs me more than the output warning

2 Likes

Thanks, this issue has been bugging me a lot.

Fix is live, thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.