game.Players.PlayerAdded Not Working After Last Update

All of my “game.Players.PlayerAdded” functions give error that “observableValue undefined” and don’t read the next lines.

CPU
12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12650H

GPU
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU

Ram
16,0 GB
Speed: 4800 MT/s

All of Beta Futures are enable except Next Gen Studio Preview

Studio Version 0.641.0.6410737 (64bit)

19 Likes

It might help giving some example code of where the issue is present?

2 Likes

Also happens on an empty Baseplate as said here so code should not matter.

3 Likes

Also, for some reason ClickDetector’s don’t work now

4 Likes

Also getting “observableValue undefined” twice with no clear cause but a warning not an error. Everything seems to work fine otherwise including PlayerAdded.

3 Likes

i am getting the same error

3 Likes

I’m getting the same warning message but it also happens if I simply just open or close the player menu

This is quite a strange Roblox update…

4 Likes

Upon further investigation, it appears whenever I run StarterGui:SetCore(“ResetButtonCallback”

Seems like it has something to do with the Cores. It also appears for me twice when toggling the player menu like @Aeresei

5 Likes

I think its something to do with players in general.
Happens with:

• PlayerAdded - No explination needed
  • Cores - No explenation needed
  • ClickDetectors - Clickable by players
3 Likes

I’m having this issue when I try to detect when a player’s character has been added to the game in Studio. I think I rewrote the code about three times before I noticed that “observableValue undefined” comment and figured that had to be it.

2 Likes

I am having the same error show up. (ignore the revolver one)

3 Likes

I’m also having this error, but all of my code works, odd. :frowning:

Perhaps this could stem from another bug I reported about a day ago, where a local script would run inside of StarterPlayerScripts? (meaning they would run twice, since it would also run in PlayerScripts)

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

This issue was actually reported elsewhere & fixed already:

Hi! Thanks for linking my other post. Will reiterate here that this warning should be totally harmless, and can safely be ignored.

2 Likes

It was fixed last night (temporarily), but as of today I am encountering this bug again, as are some others in this thread: (output) observableValue undefined?

It’s been fixed internally but the fix hasn’t rolled out yet (it never did). You’ll see the warning until it does, which I’m assuming will be in a few days

This warning is still occurring for me and I am still having issues related to .CharacterAdded events - they are completely nonfunctional again, after they were functional last night. I have made 0 changes to the code since then.

FWIW, I only have this issue in games that were created/edited after the bug first occurred, games where I haven’t touched them since before the bug are fine.

1 Like

Weird. Maybe this bug is a sporadic/inconsistent bug, like the one I keep running into here: Error while processing packet

They better push this fix out ASAP though, this is getting annoying and definitely can mess up people’s games and their performance.

1 Like

Encountering an issue where CharacterAdded works fine in Studio but not in live servers.